The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative and Liaison Officer
Reference No.: IITA – HR – NRS2020 – 012
Recruitment Type: National (11 months contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Develop and maintain plans to support the project including analyses of task, schedules, and resources needed;
- Assist the Project Coordinator to ensure activities are completed on time within budget and meet the quality standard;
- Schedule and plan project meetings;
- Liaise with Finance Office to prepare, review and edit project financial reports;
- Liaise and follow up with project stakeholders;
- Facilitate the implementation of project activities in the project area and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving project set goals and outputs in collaboration with the M&E Unit;
- Ensure that technical and financial project reports are prepared and submitted to the Project Coordinator;
- Document lessons learned and best practices on the project development, implementation, and oversight activities;
- Proactively take responsibility to ensure the safety of humans and property at all times;
- Support in data generation of project administration related information and work with the Communication Unit to produce communication and PR products for the project;
- Make travel arrangements for the project team and any other project partners/visitors;
- Organize and maintain the office filing system (manual and electronic) including backup, archiving, and storage;
- Keep an inventory of the project equipment and supplies;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Project and Business Administration, Social Sciences, Agricultural Sciences or related fields with minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project management, administrative assistance and stakeholder engagement with a well-structured structure organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- Experience as a virtual assistant and ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills, being results-oriented.
- Professional level of verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with little to no supervision.
- Fluency or professional proficiency in both English and French (Part of the interview will be conducted in French), also knowledge of Yoruba and/or Hausa is an added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
Application Deadline 5th April, 2021.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview