The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development calls for applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: Work Experience Programme (Internship)
To enhance the employability of Nigerian youth, the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development has designed the Work Experience Programme (WEP). The WEP is designed to provide paid internship opportunities to at least 2,550 Nigerian youths across different industry sectors as follows:
You May Also Want To Apply: Eni Scholarship 2021/2022 for Study in the University of Oxford, UK (Fully Funded)
- Civil Service (Government Agencies)
- Manufacturing (FMCGs, Agriculture, Energy)
- Information Technology (Software & Hardware, Telecommunications)
- Construction (Architecture, Engineering, Surveying)
- Financial (Commercial Banks, Credit Institutions)
- Social Justice (NGOs, Law Firms)
About Work Experience Program
- The Work Experience Program is one the series of economy sustainability projects being implemented as an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development in Nigeria.
- Recently a clinical study and analysis of various surveys on the Nigerian youth, with respect to employability skills, was carried out alongside series of one-to-one interactions. In reaching a conclusion, it was established that one of the challenges of unemployment is the acute absence of practical workplace skills and experience.
- In order to bridge this gap, the Ministry has initiated the Work Experience Program (WEP) to ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their employability skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development and crucial to thriving in the 21st Century world of work. These skills include Mentoring, Networking, how to gain Scholarships, knowledge of world Competitions, Employment, Training and Business Startups.
- The Work Experience Program (WEP) aims to ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their employability skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development and crucial to thriving in the 21st Century world of work.
You May Also Want To Apply: Job Vacancies at the African Union
- The youth will undergo a 3-month paid internship based on their profile, discipline and location. The program will take place in multiple locations across all states of the 6 Geo-political zones, including the Federal Capital Territory.
- The Work Experience Program (WEP) initiative is a three-month internship programme that will provide participants with the opportunity to gain knowledge and develop skills and workplace competencies that increase their potential for a successful employment.
Criteria for Selection
This programme is available to the literate population only. In addition, the following have been set as the basic pre-conditions for selection:
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen, male or female between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Must have completed at a University Degree, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or a National Certificate in Education (NCE)
- Applicant must have, at least one valid means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card – PVC, Drivers’ License).
- Willing to undertake some travel if selected and the physical training location is not in their state of residence
- Ability to communicate fluently in English language.
- Beneficiary should possess the capacity to transfer knowledge, and mentor peers within their immediate environment.
You May Also Want To Apply: Apply for The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program 2021 for Young Nigerian Professionals (N80,000 monthly Salary)
Benefits to Successful Interns
- Provides you with an opportunity to relate career courses with workplace scenarios.
- Gives you valuable insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace.
- Prepares you for the demands and expectations of the fast-evolving world of work.
- Improves your soft skills such as emotional intelligence, teamwork, people skills confidence, and problem-solving.
- Provides you with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
Application Deadline 14th May, 2021.
Note: Application is free and no registration fee is required
You May Also Want To Apply: Massive Recruitment at Gombe State Polytechnic
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters