The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in collaboration with global development partners to address the major financing challenges facing Micro, Small, and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme
The Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Programme is an initiative by the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) aimed at equipping micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) with the skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals, improve their access to available credit, and improve their capacity for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets. This program will help address the Entrepreneurship and Business Management skill gaps of Nigerian MSMEs.
In addition to providing funding and risk-sharing facilities to MSMEs and Small Corporates through participating financial institutions, the Development Bank of Nigeria is expected to build the capacity of the Nigerian MSME to enable them eligible to access credit.
This proposed strategy is to ensure that DBN builds quality and sustainable Capacity Building Programme that meets the below objectives:
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access the available credit
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments, and access to markets
- Acknowledgment and opening and closing.
- Target Group: Nigerian based MSMEs
- Location: Lagos (SMEs) and Abuja (Micro Enterprises)
- Implementation: DBN in partnership with Google, Enterprise Development Centre (EDC), Pan Atlantic University, and Wider Perspective Limited (WPL)
- A competitive application process of interested MSMEs
- Strict selection criteria for shortlisted MSMEs
- Well-developed Curriculum customized to fit the needs of the MSMEs and Experienced Faculty
- Delivery Method: A blended format of face-to-face and online training
- Advisory Services by Industry Experts to the MSMEs
- As soon as training is completed
- 5 months after training
- Certification – DBN Entrepreneurship Training Certificate
2021 Programme Structure
- The program will be targeted at equipping Nigerian entrepreneurs with the requisite business knowledge and skills that will help their businesses thrive in the new normal, while also helping them sustain a competitive advantage within their relative industries.
- The program will comprise 2 stages and will be implemented over 3 months in collaboration with Google Nigeria, Enterprise Development Centre (EDC), and Wider Perspective Limited (WPL).
- A self-paced fundamental of Digital Marketing course for pre-selected 1000 entrepreneurs available for 1 month (Aug 16th – September 10th)
- The first 250 MSMEs who complete the self-paced fundamental course will be invited to join the live instructor-led webinar sessions with Google Nigeria, after which the best 200 MSMEs who attend the live webinar session will be invited to the face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja.
- The curriculum will be tailored to the needs of the selected 200 MSMEs upon the completion of a needs-based analysis.
- Shortlisted MSMEs will all be eligible to attend the pitching session of this training to access some funding available.
- All successful MSMEs who attend the face-to-face training will receive a certificate of completion.
- The owner of the Business must be 18 years and above.
- Business Owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The Business must be based and registered with the CAC in Nigeria.
- The Business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicants must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model
- Scalability – Demonstrates potential for growth of the business to create jobs.
- Get equipped with skills and competencies to develop and defend a sound and viable business plan.
- Improve your capacity to access financing
- Improve your capacity for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments, and access to markets.
News and Information:
- Notification of 1000 Successful Applicants: August 16th – August 20th
- Digital Training Opens: August 23rd
- Digital Training Ends: September 17th
- Final Selection of 200 Businesses: September 30th
- Face to Face Training Commences: October 11th
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
- All applications must be submitted online through the application portal
- All applicants must complete an application form by providing all requested information
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within 24 hours
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of Shortlisted applications
- Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form
Application Deadline 1st November 2021
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.