AU Pair Visa Requirements in Germany for Non-EU Citizens To become an Au Pair in Germany, you must meet certain conditions. As an EU citizen, you must have a valid passport or ID.
If you are a non-EU citizen, then this article is for you. We describe in detail what is required to start your journey working in a family home in Germany.
To be an Au Pair in Germany, you are expected to be healthy, have no children of your own, and have experience looking after children.
It is important because you need to be able to solve everyday problems with children, set rules and help them follow their routine. We’ve collected the most important requirements below.
If you are not an EU citizen, you need a visa or residence permit to be an Au Pair in Germany. The general visa requirements in Germany are:
- Age: 18 – 26
- Basic German knowledge (you have to present an A1 certificate)
- Au Pair contract
- Health insurance valid for the whole stay in Germany (your Host Family will pay for it, but you will need the documents for the visa application)
- Valid passport
- You can cover your visa and travel expenses
- Invitation letter (required for some nationalities)
- Motivation letter (required for some nationalities)
Contact the German embassy in your home country to find out the specific requirements and make an appointment online.
Certain nationalities (for example US citizens) can enter Germany without a visa and apply for a German residence permit at the local foreign office.
Note: The visa process can take from 4 to 8 weeks.
Au Pairing in Germany – step by step:
Follow these simple steps to become an Au Pair in Germany with AuPair.com:
1. Find a Host Family at AuPair.com: Register and create a profile at our website. Start looking for families with the help of our search tool and check our recommendations. Be active! Send messages to your potential Host Families.
2. Passport: Make sure that your passport is valid for your whole stay in Germany.
3. Sign the contract: Sign the Au Pair contract with your Host Family! Make sure that aspects such as working hours and pocket money are clear.
Remember you will need this document for your visa application at the German embassy.
4. Insurance: In order to get your visa approved you will need a health insurance that covers your whole stay in Germany.
The Host Family is in charge of providing you with one before the appointment so do not forget to make the arrangements.
5. German certificate: Make sure you get your German certificate to prove you have basic German skills (A1).
6. Submit your visa application: Germany has an official Au Pair visa which makes everything easier. You can download the application at the German embassy website in your Home Country.
7. Plan your trip: Start “being German” and plan your trip. Book your flight and pack your luggage for this experience.
Do not forget to take the important documents (such as passport with visa, Au pair contract and family contact details) in your hand luggage.
You will have to show your passport with the visa on it to the officer at passport control.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to email@example.com
We are 100% more than hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers