British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Job Number: 30417
Location: Ibadan – Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Warehouse Assistant to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
- This work involves offering support to the Supply Chain departement in order to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost, by providing basic warehousing functions of receipt and storage of goods under supervision.
- Proper stock and warehouse management to ensure storage and handling of leaf grades are done as per BAT best practice.
- Prompt loading and offloading of leaf tobacco grades and arrange for fumigation and supplies of blends, that all tobacco is properly fumigated to avoid supplying infested beetles to PMD.
- Ensure moldy/infested tobacco is moved to quarantined approved marked area.
- Uninterrupted supplies of leaf grades to PMD on Time In Full.
- Follow FIFO to supply Diet, Recon and CLD.
- Manage and report the status of all material handling equipment’s to ensure their maintainability to avoid equipment failure.
- Maintain good working relationship with local logistics and labor providers, with internal customers and with all other functions and warehousing staff.
- Maintain a close relationship with agency managing off site warehouses, logistics and labor service providers.
- The job holder will cultivate and maintain a close working relationship with PMD, QA, Finance, Planning and other unit that has interface with the warehousing functions.
- Posting of materials must be done according to picking list and current BOM.
- Check Base Quantity before printing of PO and adhere to ‘NO SCAN, NO MOVE’
- Maintain new lot before GR and GR all offloaded materials into the system correctly.
- Maintain 98% stock accuracy throughout the year.
- Develop and coach self through personal development programs and training.
- Manage the EHS and housekeeping procedures within the warehouses and ensure strict adherence
- Minimum of 1-2 years of hands on experience in production environment, preferably in an FMCG company
- Higher National Diploma or Bchs. Degree in Science, Engineering, Statistics, Procurement or Supply Chain fields
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Analytical Skills
- NYSC completed
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview