Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Receptionist
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Receptionist for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States.
- The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- The Receptionist will provide secure and timely services in attending to visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately. Notifies staff of visitor arrival. Maintains security and telecommunications system. Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
- The Receptionist will also perform various administrative tasks, as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfill office management duties including, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Prepare reports of meetings convened or attended by project management
- Take meeting minutes for all team meetings and distribute to team members.
- Assist Administrative Associate in hosting project visitors and arranging meeting details
- Deliver adequate, timely administrative and logistical support to the technical team, as needed.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and polite demeanor as prescribed by professional and local standards
- Maintain and stock office supplies and process supply orders from Administrative Associate
- Organize and manage project report/resource library
- Fulfill other administrative functions as required
- Certificate / Diploma in related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 year of experience; prior experience in development sector is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required, other languages will be an added advantage.
- Experience with PABX system, other office equipment is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume and Cover Letter to: SHARPTO3recruit@nigeriasharpto3.com
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 16th October, 2020.