The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to be supporting youth empowerment through our newly created Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge and fresh perspectives.
Reporting to the Head or Section, Climate Change, the scope of work of this role centres around research and analysis, report drafting and stakeholder engagement.
Among the responsibilities encompassed in this role includes (but are not limited to):
- Conducting desk-based research on the themes and implementation plan action areas.
- Support in development of a technical reports to form the basis for the drafting and finalization of the Commonwealth Living Lands Charter.
- Stakeholder engagement – the identification and interview of key stakeholders as part of the consultation process on the Living Lands Charter including technical agencies, High Commissioners and relevant line ministries of member countries.
- Presentation of findings.
To be considered for this role:
- You must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 years or younger at the time applications close.
- You must have a degree in a relevant field such as Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use management, Water Management, Environmental Economics, Climate Change and Natural Resource Management or any other closely related field, along with at relevant work experience in environment and climate change.
- You must also have at least one year of demonstrated work experience in supporting policy dialogue and cross-institutional collaboration, including with representatives of government and non-government partners. Understanding of issues related to climate change policies, land, biodiversity, indigenous people and animal husbandry is also essential.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 member governments and provides guidance on policy making, technical assistance and advisory services to Commonwealth member countries. We support governments to help achieve sustainable, inclusive and equitable development.
To join us, you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are suitable for the role, please Click here to apply.
Closing date: 11 January 2021, 1700hrs GMT
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview