SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer – H / F
Job Reference: 2021-22336
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Assist the Head of Electrical Maintenance in the provision of technical support to the site maintenance teams for electrical / HVAC equipment and systems.
- Supervise the development and planning of minor electrical modifications and improvement projects, to ensure safe, timely and cost effective execution in accordance with company standards and specifications.
- Prepare scope of work for approved work programs ensuring that all relevant operating procedures and safety regulations are clearly outlined.
- Prepare bill of material for electrical work and ensure that all necessary materials and equipment are available as and when required.
- Prepare scope of work and calls for bids and issue these to contractors invited to tender for electrical works to be performed.
- Ensure that the procurement of electrical/HVAC materials and equipment matches the project objectives.
- Support the lead Electrical Engineer in the management of the electrical detailed engineering activities.
- Supervise execution of electrical / HVAC modification works at site by external contractor ensuring that the proper procedures are followed and that all modifications are properly documented and carried out according to stated standards.
- Administer the electrical/HVAC planned preventive program, to ensure that the maintenance tasks undertaken are adequate
- to prevent unplanned equipment failure.
- Liaise with vendors and the original equipment manufacturers for all queries regarding maintenance, modifications, spare parts, drawings, and the resolution of technical problems.
- Ensure that all drawings, plans, manuals and Maintenance Equipment Log Book (MELB) are up-to-date and “as-built” and directs draftsmen to carry out all corrections and reflect any alterations, modifications and additions to electrical equipment system.
- Review and check work completed by contractors ensures compliance with work is satisfactorily completed, make necessary corrections, and submit to the Maintenance Methods Engineer for endorsement
- Assist with the analysis of equipment malfunctions and makes recommendation for repair and future preventive action.
- Assist with the preparation of the preventive maintenance schedule for electrical/HVAC plant and equipment.
- Ensure that the planned preventive maintenance is carried out as planned.
- Monitors and updates materials MRP data, review stock quantities, usage and consumption to minimize the stock value whilst ensuring that all spare parts are available for routine, breakdown and shutdown maintenance.
- Support the Head Electrical Engineer in the preparation of company’s estimate and yearly budget plans and follows up on any budget variation or reconciliation issues with NAPIMS.
- Troubleshoot complex or recurring electrical problems which require technical analysis and resolution with the help of other departments, vendors or original equipment manufacturers and recommend sound and cost-effective solutions.
- B.Sc. Engineering Degree in Electrical or Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years experience working with electrical plant and equipment within an Oil and gas or
- Petrochemical environment.
- Good knowledge of electrical HV and LV systems.
- Technical reporting, good mathematical skills and basic computer software skills.
- 10 years or more.
- H2 B2 Electrical.
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
Nigeria Agip Exploration (NAE) Limited 2021/2022 post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention