The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Private Sector Specialist / Economist
Job #: req13015
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Private Sector Development
Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to, the following main tasks:
- Support the FCI dialogue in country with a focus on private sector development: Support the policy dialogue with counterparts on issues relating to private sector development, particularly focusing on creating opportunities for investments supporting economic transformation and employment.
- Serve, when needed, as team member or co-TTL/TTL (Task Team Leader) for lending operations, advisory, and analytical work, and contribute to the delivery and quality of financing and knowledge engagements for Nigeria, provide inputs to other Global Practices (Macro, Trade and Investment, Governance, etc.) on private sector related issues.
- Relationship management: cultivate strategic relationships with government counterparts and other key stakeholders
- Collaboration with IFC: Coordinate and work with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) as needed on relevant diagnostics, advisory work and operational activities.
- Development Partner Collaboration: Support the partnership with the development partner community and facilitate/participate in formal and informal meetings with key development partners, civil society, private sector representatives, and other stakeholders.
- AAA & Advisory work: Support the development and implementation of high-quality AAA and advisory work. Lead/support policy dissemination events with policy makers, stakeholders, and private sector.
- Support the dialogue with the CMU and with the region: prepare inputs for WPA discussions, strategic documents such as CPFs, SCDs and CPSDs.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Economics, Business, Public Policy, or relevant qualifications;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in private sector development since completing university degree (i.e. Master’s), with solid knowledge in one or more topic areas covered by the FCI Global Practice, such as innovation and entrepreneurship, small and medium enterprise development, trade and export promotion, investment climate reforms, competition policy, productivity and other issues affecting competitiveness.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, design and implement major projects and to produce major/complex reports or studies. Prior experience with World Bank instruments will be a plus.
- Demonstrated team player who can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, motivate and lead group efforts and network effectively across boundaries.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
- Capacity to lead dialogue with senior counterparts and influence policy discussions at the national and subnational level on private sector development issues.
World Bank Group Core Competencies:
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th October, 2021. (11:59pm UTC).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️