Holcim – What world do you want to live in? Holcim is 70,000 people who build progress together. Join us to build greener cities, enable smarter infrastructure, improve living standards, and so much more. Innovation and sustainability in the built environment starts with us. A career at Holcim means it can start with you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Payroll Manager
Job Code: DJOB
Contract Type: Regular – Full-Time
Function: Organization and Human Resources
- The primary responsiblity of the Assistant Payroll Manager is to provide an efficient and cost effective payroll function serving the organization’s internal and external stakeholders.
- He / she will update and manage efficient work systems and effective internal controls within the payroll function, ensuring that processing errors are avoided and changes are reflected accurately and promptly.
- In this role, he/she must have good eye for details, good analytical skills, comparing data and preparation of reports.
- Accept and process monthly payroll input via SAP Payroll software solution.
- Process payment of Staff salaries, wages, allowances, bonuses and other staff related payments for Lafarge Africa Plc and associated BUs – Monthly and periodically.
- Process payment of Wages and salaries of the Ad hoc Staff and Expatriates.
- Administration, management and remittances of statutory deductions such as Pension, PAYE, ECA and other statutory dues to the relevant collecting bodies.
- Management of outsourcing contracts (e.g. Recore) and ensure the practice comply adequately with the Lafargeholcim values and standards.
- Employee Compensation and Benefit advisory to relevant internal stakeholders particularly issues relating to PAYE, Pension contribution, VESS and AECS.
- Employees payslip administration – individual, embassies & banking transactions
- Support Employees for banks credit facility.
- Generate monthly and periodic payroll related reports for Management decision making.
- Support in annual budget preparations.
- Support employee industrial relations and collective bargaining.
- Responsible for terminal / exit benefits calculations
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, payroll and personnel policies.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientations and inductions to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of direct any temporary resources (interns etc.) relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Accounting / Social Sciences
- 3-5 years working relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills:
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong MS skills especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Self -Motivated
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail,
- Inquisitive, curious (going deep into each aspect)
- Accurate, meticulous
- Flair for doing the “routine”
- Credibility and persuasiveness
- Loyalty and respect for the organization.
- Familiarity with the local traditions and culture.
- Professional Proficiency in English Language.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers