The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate National Project Officer
Post Number: 6NGED0003PA
Parent Sector: Education Sector (ED)
Job Family: Education
Type of Contract: Project Appointment
Duration of Contract: 1 year
Overview of the Functions of the Post
- The Our Rights, Our Lives, Our Future (O3) programme is UNESCO’s flagship programme in education for health and wellbeing in sub-Saharan Africa. The O3 Programme will support the delivery of good quality comprehensive sexuality education that empowers adolescents and young people, while developing the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and competencies needed to prevent HIV, reduce early and unintended pregnancies and eliminate gender-based violence.
- Through the support of the government of Sweden and other partners, the O3 Programme builds on current efforts by UNESCO to improve sexual and reproductive health, and gender and education outcomes for adolescents and young people. Nigeria is a programme acceleration country of the O3 programme. The Associate National Project Officer will support the planning and contribute to the implementation and monitoring of UNESCO’s work on education for health and wellbeing.
- The position falls under the overall authority of the Assistant Director General for Education, general supervision of the Regional Director of UNESCO Office in Abuja, direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, O3 or Abuja and the guidance of the Regional Health Education Adviser for West and Central Africa based in Dakar.
- S/he will contribute in providing technical expertise on key themes including prevention of school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV), early and unintended pregnancy (EUP) and HIV. S/he will be responsible for supporting the National Project Officer for Health and Wellbeing in Nigeria.
More particularly, s/he will:
- Support the Ministry of Education, Health and other line ministries in the development and delivery of comprehensive sexuality education curricula to ensure that they are evidence based‐gender transformative, age appropriate and culturally sensitive;
- Support the implementation of Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE), School-Related Gender-Based Violence (SRGBV), Early and Unintended Pregnancy (EUP), and HIV teaching and learning materials at the school-level through building the capacity of in-service teachers, mentorship and support supervision;
- Provide guidance to in-service teachers towards the formulation & implementation of school based guidelines (including codes of conduct) responding effectively & expeditiously to reports of gender based violence;
- Support the engagement of all partners both at the national, States and school based levels towards the development of a project results based monitoring and evaluation framework and practices for CSE implementation within the selected project schools;
- Support the coordination of the process of conducting midterm and terminal evaluations using both quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection, and ensure timely submission of M&E reports to inform programming;
- Support the integration and utilization of HIV sensitive indicators within EMIS through development of research & evaluation around SRH for young people aged 10 – 24 years to enhance the evidence base for planning and implementation of HIV and CSE programmes;
- Support development of activities to improve community engagement in young people’s access to comprehensive sexuality education & services;
- Support the development of research, monitoring & evaluation around CSE/SRH for young people to enhance evidence-based planning and implementation of programmes; and
- Ensure the visibility of the Project within and outside UNESCO, donor organization through quality social and traditional media communication on the project and timely delivery of narrative quarterly and annual reports.
- Support schools to strengthen linkages with SRH service providers, parents/guardians and other community leaders to ensure promotion and access of equitable and youth friendly and gender sensitive SRH services for young people;
- Coordinate the process of documenting best practices of promising CSE/SRH interventions and programs at the school level in Nigeria to inform key areas of CSE mainstreaming with the education sector and other countries in the WCA region;
- An Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) in the field of Education, Social Sciences or Public Health.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in fields related to sexual and reproductive health and education.
- Experience in working with Government ministries and Parastatals, international/national Non-Governmental Organizations and UN Agencies.
Skills and Competencies:
- Programme monitoring and evaluation and an ability to report on implementation.
- Capacity building in partnership with governmental partners and civil society.
- High level of technical writing skills on, HIV prevention, SRGBV, EUP and other thematic issues included in UNESCO’s Strategy on Education for Health and Wellbeing.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize and deliver to deadline, as well as work under pressure.
- Credibility and confidence, with networking and high level representational and partnership building skills, involving a wide range of partners (including relevant Ministries, UNAIDS Cosponsors, donors and civil society).
- Excellent communication skills including social media skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent English (written and oral).
- Excellent knowledge of local/national language: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or Pidgin.
- Working knowledge of French.
Benefits and Entitlements
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Recruitment is open to Internal and external candidates.
- Only nationals of Nigeria may apply to this post.
- Initial duration of the contract is for 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Application Deadline 14th Janaury, 2022.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️