Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure, and Industries. With a global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation, and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Application Engineer
Requisition ID: 007ZD9
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Customer Projects & Services
- An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Engineering Division for a Graduate Application Engineer to report to the Engineering Manager.
- He/she will be responsible for providing application, configuration and system engineering during the design, build, and test phase of automated control system projects.
- All aspects of application engineering, including training and working to delivery of:
- System specification, design, implementation, and configuration for Schneider Electric product and 3rd party supply.
- Define the system network, calculate processor, memory loading and other engineering calculations.
- Design field loop circuits and specify hardware components.
- Ensure technical compliance to customers’ specifications relating to assigned areas of work.
- To be aware of the development of existing and new Schneider Electric hardware and software products.
- System testing and conducting Client witness testing, 3rd Party equipment acceptance testing.
- Selection and integration of Schneider Electric and third-party purchased equipment.
- Define and configure sequential, continuous and ladder logic from client P&IDs and technical descriptions.
- Prepare electronic and mechanical designs to protect and power automation systems.
- Ensure technical information is communicated to all relevant parties as appropriate. Attend and document meetings as appropriate.
- Provide support functions not directly related to the execution of sales order projects:
- Provide technical support to sales staff, including pre-order discussions with prospective clients.
- Provide technical support to Customer Services, including support to Field Service and Customer Training.
- Provide technical support to the Proposal department.
- Site visits (home & abroad) for meetings, surveys, installation and commissioning activities.
- Assist when necessary in the development or upgrading of internal engineering/department procedures.
- To comply with Health and Safety guidelines and work in accordance with Company/Department Quality procedures.
- Ensure that the correct project procedures are followed and that QA requirements are fully satisfied in assigned work areas.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required.
- MUST have an HND or equivalent level in an Engineering discipline – preferably Electronic, Electrical, Control or Software.
- Good command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- Industry experience gained through gap / year-in-industry or intern.
- Experience/knowledge of automated control systems.
- Knowledge of software design methods and systems design and software languages at high and medium levels.
- Knowledge of electrical circuit design and basics of electrical design theory.
- Knowledge of project management and planning techniques.
- Candidates with BEng Degree in Electronic/Control Engineering will have a distinct advantage.
- Ability to problem solve and think adaptively and able to react to changing requirements.
- Experience the team working, possessing the necessary communication skills to influence and get results.
- Awareness of automation control systems technologies.
- Computer literate.
- Position requires a reliable, self-motivated, articulate individual.
- Able to communicate internally and externally with the potential to develop into a well rounded project team player.
- Career-focused, displaying ownership and being prepared to accept challenges and responsibility.
- Capable of logical and original thought with the ability to react appropriately under stress and delegate effectively.
- Flexible approach to work/life balance and prepared to travel and work remotely.
- Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company.
- Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organizational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention