WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Communications Manager – Diversity & Inclusion
Vacancy no.: VN483
Employment type: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
- Want to use your communications skills along with diversity, equality and inclusion experience to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
- Join WaterAid as our new Internal Communications Manager – Diversity, Equality & Inclusion and change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work award-winning organisation.
- Reporting to the Global Lead for Internal Communications and Engagement and working closely with the Global Lead for Diversity and Inclusion, you will deliver internal communications that support the delivery of the newly developed Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and will ensure that diversity and inclusion is integrated into all of our global internal communications.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate progress against the newly developed global workplace Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Work with the Global Lead for Diversity and Inclusion to communicate and share stories about the leadership commitment to inclusion at WaterAid
- Produce and deliver a global internal communications and engagement plan that supports our ‘Racial Equality and Inclusion framework’.
- Working within WaterAid’s internal communications team to ensure diversity and inclusion is integrated into all aspects of our global internal communications.
- Support the Global Lead for Diversity and Inclusion to communicate diversity and inclusion metrics and learning from diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Produce communications about our employee education and training plans to support our culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Provide communications advice to senior leaders across WaterAid to ensure that diversity and inclusion is integrated into their communications.
- Be a visible and inspiring equality, diversity and inclusion champion, coordinating and collaborating with the existing networks and groups who are championing equality and rights across WaterAid, and promoting best practice and knowledge sharing to all employees.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- A good understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues that can arise in a complex or global organisation.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of diversity and inclusion best practice.
- A high level of resilience, emotional intelligence and determination. Able to be flexible, work independently and adapt to change as required.
- A commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- A commitment to personal learning, development and improvement in pursuit of own objectives and those of the team and organisation.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise, plan and manage projects and a demanding, varied and complex workload.
- Strong IT literacy, with high levels of capability using standard Office 365 applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate, influence and collaborate with a wide variety of contacts (including at a senior level) across the organisation.
- An ability to listen, demonstrate empathy and gain people’s trust at all levels.
- This role is a Grade F in Country Programmes and a Grade 4 in the UK. Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid country’s salary scale and depending on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Submit your CV and a Cover Letter in a single document in either Word Document or PDF format.
- Please indicate your location and the right to work eligibility in your Cover letter.
- Applications will close one minute before midnight on 4 February 2022. Availability for interview is required the week commencing 14 February 2022.
- Internal WaterAiders applying/interviewing for the role would need to discuss with their Line Manager in the interest of transparency and to help with resourcing planning. Please get in touch with your People Business Partner if you have any further queries.
- Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work.
- For UK based applicants, WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. WaterAid is open and supportive of flexibility. We are currently defining our approach to hybrid working. The right balance between office and home-based working should be agreed with your line manager. Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at email@example.com.
Application Deadline 4th February 2022.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
Nigeria Agip Exploration (NAE) Limited 2021/2022 post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than the hype.