The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operations Resource Pool Manager
Locations: Abuja and Port Harcourt, Rivers
Pay Band: 6
Contract type: Indefinite
Department: English and Exams
- The post holder will plan, train and deploy the right mix and profile of Examiners, Venue Supervisors and Venue Staff for Test Day delivery.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring resource availability, capability, contingency and pipeline to meet demand, this role will develop the workforce plan, resource engagement/retention strategy, manage succession planning and monitor performance to ensure right level of customer experience and optimum cost, utilisation and productivity.
- Reviews capacity demands with Commercial counterparts and develops short term and long-term Resourcing Strategy (i.e. for staff and partners involved in delivery of exams products and services)
- Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/ departments /managers as required, to do so.
- Advises on or directly engages with Venue Staff or Examiners when issues/ complaints arise to provide solutions
- Owns daily dashboard, weekly reporting, cost to resource
- Plans and manages the Resource Budget for the cluster
- Operates and runs regular reports on range of standard, corporate financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, unit or project(s)
- Coaches and guides towards team performance of the country operations team, working with country leadership to address skills or motivation gaps as it arises.
- Contingency planning and risk management of supply.
- Sets standards and performance manages Exam security and compliance
- Supports daily/ weekly planning/ capacity meetings
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- First Degree in any subject
- Experience of developing and delivering accurately a large resourcing plan to meeting capacity requirements
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working in large team with fast paced demand and monitoring resource deployment and scheduling
- Experience managing large pool of non-permanent staff in a fast paced organisation including overseeing their recruitment, performance monitoring and oversight.
- Experience in line management and driving staff performance
- Knowledge of British Council EDI and recruitment policies and standards.
- Experience working in an exam’s environment and knowledge of quality standards for management of examiners.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th September, 2022 (23:59 Nigeria Time).
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers