Matrix Energy Group is a rapidly growing indigenous and integrated Oil Marketing and Trading Company in Nigeria, which was incorporated November 25, 2004. Over the years, Matrix Energy has grown from a modest supply and distributions operation to a fully integrated petroleum products marketing and trading company with clients and suppliers all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Port Captain
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the position
- This procedure describes the guidelines for the function of Port Captain, for all Company vessels. In his absence the Operations Superintendent takes over the responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Port Captain will follow up all the operational activities on the fleet and provides a link between each vessel and the Company. He shall ensure that adequate resources and shore-based support are applied when and where required.
- Coordinate with the regulatory authorities for surveys & inspections to be conducted within the defined time frame.
- To provide operational support to Deck Officers and monitor Deck officer’s competency in Navigational requirements and Matrix Energy instructions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the vessel Time Sheet is accurate and timely submitted to office for processing.
- Ensure that everyone onboard are working in accordance with Company safety procedures and job description.
- Coordinate on the timely arrival of all vessels at designated discharge terminal with regards to Cargo and vessel provision and spares operation.
- Follow up with crew personnel in cooperation with the crew department to ensure that they are meeting with the Safety and Environmental Standards required by any specific party (MLC, Flag State, Class Society, Owners, Clients, etc.).
- To ensure that the company QSMS is carried out on board in accordance with the ISM and ISPS code
- Ensure all vessel trading certificates is up to date and compliance to Flag state and Port State Control
- Provide competency assessment of all deck officers as per ISMS procedures
- Attend and coordinate with other departments on the daily progress report of vessels in operation
- Request for Voyage plan from all Master, vet same and approve for all voyage
- Implement with all Master the best voyage optimization for all intended voyages
- Issue Instructions and actively monitor all STS operations of the vessels
- Carry out and document regular Inspections of vessels.
- Plan and arrange Pre-SIRE and SIRE inspections, actively provide support for all vetting inspections and class surveys
- To provide technical solutions to present engineering challenges on the vessels assigned to him, keeping in mind on its conformity.
- Onshore monitoring and tracking of Matrix vessels in ship survey status, compliance to Flag State and Port State Control.
- Work in collaboration with Port Engineer, Port Safety Officer and Shore Based Technical Manager to maintain sufficient and up to date critical spares (including LSA/FFA) stock at warehouse in relation to the logistical lead time for procurement and delivery as well as ensure that critical spares do not impede on vessel performance.
- Ensure that any deficiencies that arise to be immediately rectified and reported to management.
- Responsible for all vessel certificates to be current and up to date as necessary.
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance amongst crews,
- Ensure adequate training for personnel responsible for safety, security and planning of ship-shore annual drill.
- Assess the potential threat in ports, terminals, and sea areas on ship’s voyages.
- Work with the Master, CSO, Terminal Manager to monitor safety of loaded cargoes.
- Ensure that all vessels provide accurate records of Cargo during Loading and Discharge.
- Ensure that all vessels work effectively to reduce cargo loss.
- Ensure that all operational information is forward to the vessel and adhered to.
- Ensure that manuals and spare lists shall be kept both onboard and ashore.
- Provide training for master and chief mates in operational areas and requirements prior to their undergoing a practical and theoretical competency check.
- Participate in and issue written reports/statements of inspections, investigation and similar activities when required
- Perform all necessary activities to enhance efficient and safe operation of the vessel.
- Other tasks related to the Integrated Management System / ISM Code and operations of vessels may be given upon the discretions of the Managing Director.
HSEQ requirements, including:
- Awareness of, and compliance to, company policies, standards, procedures, and safety critical tasks relating to your assigned job and location.
- To ensure safe working procedures for critical activity under your control are adequate, understood by all and adhered to.
- Reporting all accidents and/or unsafe conditions in a timely manner. Where possible and it is safe and reasonably prudent to do so, remedy any unsafe conditions prior to reporting. Where not possible report the unsafe condition.
Responsibility for individual safety, including:
- Using the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Protect the environment and prevent pollution according to company policies
- To immediately disclose to the Administration Manager any medical conditions, including allergies or medication being taken, which may impact individual performance.
- Taking part in emergency drills and attending in technical meetings.
- Maintain good housekeeping around your work and accommodation areas.
- The Port captain has direct access to the Owners representative. He has the right to request information from every employee in the Company and the Owners/Charters to collect information on the status and operation of the Ship.
- The Port Captain has a right to contact with Port Facility Security Officer or Flag Security Officer in case of any security threat or accident.
- Internal: Personnel ashore and onboard ships
- External: International and national Authorities, Class Societies, International Shipping Associations, Charterers, Vessels’ Owners.
- A qualified, Master, Chief Officer or Naval Architect or other appropriate management related University Degree.
- 6 – 15 years work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable international and national codes, guidelines, and standards such as ISM Code, ISPS Code, ISO 9001/14000/45000, SOLAS, MARPOL etc.
- Fully conversant in English language – both verbal and written.
- Seafaring experience and senior level experience in ship management operations Certificates from accredited Company Security Officer- Maritime (CSO) course.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 8th August, 2022.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention