Transnational Academic Group is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including media, education, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, Global Institute Middle East FZ. LLC, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, Tech One Global, and SAMAA TV. Our goal is to provide contextually relevant world-class post secondary and professional education to students and organisations in Africa and the Middle East. At TAG, we develop the people who develop nations. Our Partners: Established in 2013 in partnership with Lancaster University, TAG West Africa operates Lancaster University Ghana. TAG Middle East – in partnership with Curtin University – established Curtin University Dubai in 2017, and Murdoch University Dubai in 2008.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment and Admissions Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Recruitment and Admissions
Unit: Foundation, Undergraduate student recruitment, School Relations & Engagement
Reports directly to (Line Manager): Recruitment & Admissions Manager – Ghana
Reports Functionally to: Marketing Manager – Ghana
Directly supervises: Recruitment & Admissions Officers (Nigeria)
Job Summary / Purpose
- Responsible for building, nurturing and maintaining effective relationships with High Schools to support the recruitment of students into the university’s programmes.
- Responsible for recruitment of qualified students onto Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
School Relations and Engagement:
- To network with heads of schools, colleges, external organisations, agents and other stakeholders to establish and develop a robust recruitment supply chain and maximize student recruitment and conversion.
- To organise High School Outreach activities that will engage high school students (normally between 11 and 16). Outreach activities include Higher Education recruitment fairs, Open Days, School Visits and hosting visits to campus (Campus Tours), Parents’ Evenings, enquiry management and associated activities.
- To provide information, advice and guidance activities that provide guidance about higher education to high school students. These will be delivered both out in schools, as well as Office walk-ins.
- To provide needed administrative and logistical support in delivering wider recruitment and outreach activities, representing the university to potential students, parents, Heads of Schools, teachers and School Counsellors, and to act as a persuasive ambassador for TAG Ghana and programmes of the university.
- To develop new activities and materials as required, working closely with relevant academic department and colleagues in Marketing, Business Development and Recruitment teams.
- To liaise closely with academic and support services staff on campus to ensure that they serve effective points of contact for great students experience for prospective students.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with students and alumni to help with recruitment and admissions activities.
- To develop collaborative working relationships across the campus including with Student Ambassadors, Marketing & Recruitment, Student Affairs, Academic Departments, Finance, HR & Events, Careers & Business Development, and across the wider university, as required to meet company objectives.
Lead Management and Analysis:
- To use the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to record school relations and engagement activities and details of prospective students, and to work with the Marketing & PR team on recruitment campaigns to promote activities to those students.
- Lead the team to act as a port of call, responding to admission enquiries from potential students and parents/guardians on the admissions process.
- Provide relevant information and advice applicants on programme choices and other aspects of the admissions process.
- Provide advice and support to applicants throughout the admissions process that positively influence their views to translate into enrolment.
- Use TAG CRM systems to engage with enquiries and applicants to optimize and manage their experience through the application process and ensure successful conversion rate.
- Ensure that prospective students’ certificates have been verified and essential procedures have been carried out prior to enrolment.
- Reply to standard admissions mails and refer non-standard mail to appropriate persons.
- Maintain records on the database of applications received, offers made and uptake.
- Send out appropriate correspondence to applicants regarding scholarships, etc. and liaising as appropriate.
- Ensure that prospective students receive appropriate pre-arrival information and other vital documentation (English language certificates) has been verified and essential procedures have been carried out prior to enrolment.
- Facilitate the application process in a straightforward and efficient way to convert applications to enrolment.
- Organise and run information sessions for prospective students interested in finding out more about programmes of the university.
- Support students in their induction and orientation to ensure a positive start to their “Student Journey”.
- Ensure that prospective postgraduate students receive relevant pre-arrival information that will enhance great student experience.
- Follow up with leads at all stages of the pipeline that have become unresponsive to reignite their interest.
- Liaise with Recruitment & Admissions Manager – Ghana to set performance targets for team members and monitor their performance.
- Supervise team members activities.
- Motivate and guide team members to deliver on set target/objectives.
- Identify learning and development needs of team members in order to offer appropriate interventions.
- Serve as the main contact person for the implementation of marketing campaigns and activities in Nigeria.
- Prepare and manage department’s annual budget.
- Administer discipline, when necessary.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Contribute to and promote the TAG brand.
- Ensure that duties are undertaken in accordance with quality standards and assurance framework of regulatory bodies (such GTEC, BAC, TAG, LU etc.).
- Submit monthly work plan to Line Manager with copy to Human Resource department
- Submit monthly School Relations & Engagement report to Line Manager
- Submit monthly MIS Reports
- Submit quarterly MIS Report for Board Pack
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)/ Performance Assessment Criteria
Your performance as Recruitment & Admissions Manager will be assessed in consideration of the following benchmarks:
- Your contributions to the overall target of Recruitment & Admissions department.
- Achievement of your assigned target for the period.
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and maintaining strong relationship with Heads of Schools, School Counsellors and other stakeholders which has significantly improved school engagements.
- Evidence of developing strong relationships with schools and potential applicants, parents who have impacted positively on lead generation and thereby maximized conversion rates into enrolment target.
- Evidence of continuous improvement on recruitment processes and procedures.
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering high-quality service to students, parents and other stakeholders.
- Execution of assigned duties within timelines, while ensuring quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Development of relationships within and outside the team, and positive feedback from colleagues and other stakeholders.
Educational / Academic Qualifications: (state min entry level qualification):
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional Certification in Sales and/or Marketing, Customer Service.
Technical Competencies: (Knowledge and Experience required):
- Working knowledge of Higher Education systems, in particular school relations, engagement, and recruitment cycles.
- Excellent knowledge of the university’s programmme portfolio and entry/admission requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of student’s recruitment processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of cultural differences and how to manage these in the context of student recruitment and marketing.
- Awareness of the business education market and finance education sector.
- Strong interest in delivering high-end services.
- Significant working knowledge and experience in sales, marketing and customer care.
- Experience of applying sales/engagement/conversion techniques.
- Collaborative team player with experience working in a dynamic multi-cultural organisation.
Planning and Organizing Skills required:
- Experience in planning, prioritizing and organizing work on daily, weekly and monthly basis, individually and as part of a team, while ensuring the effective use of resources and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop annual evidence-based operational recruitment plans and campaigns to deliver on a long-term strategic plan.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with experience in managing a large range of different stakeholders
Communication Skills Required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate and adjust information that need careful explanation or interpretation to suit the needs of different audiences.
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to communicate with credibility, tact and diplomacy internally and externally.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Initiative and Problem-Solving Skills Required
- Experience in using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, that may be predictable but not routine, identifying practical and suitable solutions.
IT Skills Required:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Competent in the use of CRM databases and spreadsheets
- Proficient in internet use.
N300,000 – N500,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Violetservicesng@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than the hype.
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention