Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps, and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a diverse community of changemakers – we represent 8+ nationalities, and 40% of us are women. We’re proud to be backed by mission-aligned partners, and our goals are people- and planet-centric.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We believe that technology is most powerful when it’s used to build real solutions to the ways we live, move, eat, and work on this planet.
- Our cross-discipline teams tackle big and diverse challenges with partners around the world, and no two projects are alike – but the backbone of any successful team is a Software Engineer.
- We’re looking for a Software Engineer with 3 – 5 years of experience working on Web and Mobile development, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally for our partner projects.
80%: Your Key Responsibilities
- Build across the full stack from the backend APIs to mobile and web front end-user interfaces to deliver end-to-end solutions based on user requirements and objectives
- Advocate for design thinking and user empathy to design and deliver high-quality UX
- Build reusable, scalable, and reliable software solutions.
- Build technical documentation for partner projects, and contribute to Think-it’s internal knowledge and codebases
- Build technical documentation for our learning platform, and contribute to Think-it’s internal knowledge and codebases
20%: Up to you!
- What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
What we’re looking for:
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer, including experience designing and building complex web application architectures with reliability, high-availability, performance, and scalability
- Strong focus on Frontend web development and technologies including experience working with standard frontend frameworks like React, Angular and VueJs – and experience designing Web UI and UX
- Experience in debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools, TDD, and pair programming
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English
Who You Are:
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team members.
- You are people-centric. You have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and enjoy helping others grow.
It would be great if you also have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Experience organizing workshops, bootcamps, developer groups, or forums
- Experience working with standard cloud services provider (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Experience working with international and/or distributed teams
- Experience in mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Professional proficiency in additional languages like French and Tunisian Arabic.
What we offer you:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability, or perceived disability.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than the hype.
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention