British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Fresh Graduate – Operations
Job Number: 32144
Seniority Level: Global Graduate
Reporting Level: Management Trainee
Reports to: Production Engineering Manager
Geographic Scope: Ibadan, Nigeria
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
- To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Role Positioning and Objectives
- Our Global Graduate Program – Operations helps you develop outstanding Manufacturing, Corporate and commercial skills – full understanding of the fast paced and constantly evolving environment our Manufacturing functions work in.
- We operate in a controversial industry, in challenging markets and on complex projects. Our Manufacturing team has a broad view of the business, and work together to deliver business needs, while acting safely and responsively and improving efficiency and creating one truly integrated global manufacturing team.
What is Global Graduate Program & What do we offer?
It’s a 12-month, fast-track development program to a management job for high potential fresh graduates and young professionals.
The aim of the program is to raise future leaders of BAT Operations Team. You’ll build on your experience from the commercial challenge. Learn about the range of our Operations. And experience life at the sharp end in one of these business areas:
- Make (manufacturing)
- Plan (balancing supply with demand)
- Service (understanding consumer needs to put them at the heart of Operations; or supporting our transformation in Global Business Services)
- Product Innovation (working with Marketing & Sale etc)
- Logistics (managing supply chain flow and strategy)
- Procurement (focusing on innovation, smart spending and quality partnerships)
Can this be your future role?
- Are you ready for a real job with real impact from day one?
- Are you looking to the chance to progress to a managerial role in 12 months?
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Graduated with Bachelor’s in Engineering
- Minimum Second class upper
- Leadership demonstrated through extra-curricular activities
- Globally mobile
- Fluent in English (both written & spoken)
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program completed
- No more than 3 years post graduate experience
- Nigerian National ONLY
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Operations & Litigation Counsel
Job Number: 31694
Location: Nigeria (frequent weekly/monthly trips to Ibadan required)
Reports to: Head of Legal, West & Central Africa
Reporting Level: Senior Level
Geographic Scope: Nigeria
Role Positioning And Objectives
- This role is part of Legal & External Affairs function.
- The role is responsible for providing legal and advisory support to all the core functions at the Factory; Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, HR, IDT, EHS, Quality, R&R, Procurement, and Supply Chain & Logistics.
- In addition, we are looking for someone who leads and superintends over the Litigation portfolio of the Company, collaborates closely with and handles all external counsel providing legal representation and collaborates with all partners on driving the objectives of litigation avoidance and litigation mitigation measures.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Ensure the provision of OTIF (On Time in Full) legal support to drive a ‘zero litigation against the Company’ strategy
- Manage external Litigation counsel
- Update and manage the Litigation tracker
- Review Litigation Processes
- Manage and engage BAT witnesses and partners in preparation for trial
- Work towards improvement in the control environment (ABAC, SoBC, Federal and State Legislations and Company Policies) in order to mitigate litigation risks.
- Review all demand notices from the Federal, State and Local Governments and agencies and provide appropriate advice and mentorship to the Company.
- Effective management of BAT’s relationships with Third Party Vendors and Government Authorities and Agencies
- Ensure Business Operating Procedures are rigorously adhered to and cost management drivers are implemented.
- Ability to identify and engage internal and external partners to build awareness of ‘a zero-litigation strategy’
- Draft, negotiate and review contractual documentation for all functions within Operations and develop where applicable standard formats, to ensure that the Company’s interests are protected through legal, valid, binding and enforceable contractual Agreements.
- Provide legal advice on all matters
- Ensure contracts are renewed as and when necessary and terminated as applicable.
- Provide active support to the Operations Human Resources Dept on all pre, during and post-employment matters including industrial relations
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
A lawyer with:
- Professional legal qualifications and practical commercial, business and legal experience of not less than 10 (ten) years.
- Ability to manage and direct external litigation counsel and BAT’s witnesses.
- Experience in collaborating with government and regulatory authorities
- Ability to apply knowledge of legal drafting to produce standard business critical agreements and adapt creatively where necessary, and proactively communicate legal concepts to business colleagues in clear, simple terms.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range
- Ability to formulate, advise on and implement legal strategy within a multinational business context
- Working knowledge of commercial law, company law and company secretarial management, finance, tax, employment law
- Dispute resolution skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview