Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunity for some of the world’s most vulnerable children. Street Child began its work in Sierra Leone in 2008 working with a small number of street children, eight years later we have helped to transform the lives of more than 50,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal. In 2017, we launched our first project in Nigeria helping children impacted by conflict in the North East to access education.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator
Locations: Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and Edo
Reports To: MEAL Officer
Slot: Borno (50), Adamawa (50), Yobe (30) and Edo (20)
Contract Term: Temporary
Working Hours: As required
About the Job
- The Enumerator’s contract is on a need-for-work basis and is not a full-time role. This role is for candidates already based in the targeted locations, however, there may be occasion(s) which will require travel to other LGAs and the enumerator may be required to be spend few days in the field.
- The enumerator is primarily responsible for collecting qualitative/quantitative field data and data entry using mobile platforms (e. g koboCollect or SurveyMonkey). They have direct contact with respondents and have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output.
- The enumerator will work under the guidance and supervision of Street Child MEAL Officer, and oversighted by the MEAL Manager.
- Study the data collection tools and study protocol
- Participate in sourcing Households and Learners within the various LGA in the BAY state.
- Collect data and measure information on variables of interest in line with the data collection tool
- Participate in daily briefing on key achievements, challenges and solutions
- Provide timely responses on data query for clarification and be willing to redo if required.
- Provide reliable, accurate, valid and relevant data relating to the subject matter (data is free of bias and not subjective).
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Comply with Street Child Nigeria policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety and security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedure
- Strict adherence to time frame of assignments
- Take responsibility for project equipment that you may be entrusted with.
- Effectively manage all project resources
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Commitment to Street Child mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm Street Child’s role in accompanying and serving forcibly displaced people and in advocating for their right to protection and a life in dignity.
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information.
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value.
- Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, stressful and unstable environment.
- Minimum High School certificate.
- OND / HND / Bachelor’s Degree in related field is desired.
- Prior experience in qualitative / quantitative data collection, specifically conducting in-depth interviews, FGDs and experience in probing for clearer answers
- Good understanding of the humanitarian context in Nigeria.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Experience in data collection
- Experience in using digital data collection tools and tablets
- Experience in working with community members of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication & influencing skills (Fluency in Hausa and English languages)
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Excel
- Experience in working with an INGO is an added advantage
- Experience working in rural communities in Northern Nigeria
- Be based in one of the BAY states and be willing to work in one of the LGA
- Self-starter, energetic, and friendly
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking and working
- Humble and pays attention to details
- This is a temporary engagement, and successful applicants are expected to be resident in state all through the period of engagement. Also, remuneration will be paid based on the tasks carried out.
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
Send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Street Child’s commitment to Safeguarding
- Street Child is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities we serve, our partners, our volunteers, and our staff. As part of this commitment to safeguarding, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate background checks.
- Street Child also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
- Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Street Child Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator. Canvassing attempt at any stage of the recruitment process will lead to direct disqualification and black listing.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Federal and State Government Recruitment
Oil and Gas Jobs
Banking and Finance Jobs
International NGOs Recruitment
Federal and State University Jobs
Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
Customer Service Jobs
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to [email protected]
We are 100% more than hype.
MUST READ: How to Write Your Own Professional CV (Curriculum Vitae)
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Scholarship In America
Scholarship in UK
Scholarship in Europe
Scholarship in Australia
Fully Funded scholarships and Grants
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
CLICK HERE FOR GUIDE ON HOW TO WRITE A COVER LETTER
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers