Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator – OSAID
Requisition ID: 10771
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with regular travels to state offices.
Internal Job Grade: C2- National
Contract type: 12 months
Job Family: Finance
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Finance Officer
- Oxfam seeks the position of Finance Coordinator for its OSAID project which aims at to promote influencing interventions, livelihoods, and market systems development together with peace and conflict management while gender is mainstreamed.
- Within the context of Oxfam’s development philosophy and its programme in Nigeria, the jobholder will coordinate the finance team for OSAID in ensuring the quality and efficient delivery of financial services and support to the project and partner teams according to Oxfam policies, systems and standards on financial management.
- S/he will provide secure and efficient financial services, ensure quality and accuracy of financial data and assist OSAID team in overall financial management of project budgets, partner/donor contracts and in staff/partner capacity building for finance management.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for the management and supervision of financial administration systems and procedures of OSAID Project, to ensure full compliance with Oxfam financial management rules and requirement
- Responsible for verification of expenditure and implementation of corresponding payments and recoveries after their authorization by the Project Coordinator.
- Review all partners financial reports and supporting documents on a monthly basis and provide a written feedback to partners for adjustments or disallowed expenditures,
- Leads in the timely production of financial accounts, ledgers and reports as required by Oxfam and local regulations
- Support efficient conduct of statutory audit, partners’ audit and donor fund audits in collaboration with finance teams in the field base
- Ensure the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all financial report for internal and external purposes
- Ensure compliance of government law and regulation in relation to taxation
- Reviews the balance sheet accounts and submit monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation and closing documents for review and further submission.
- Ensures the month end and year-end pack are in accordance with Oxfam guidelines.
- Prepares monthly top-up and cash flow forecast to ensure adequate availability of funds. Support the in the production of the payment request for the projects according to the signed agreement. Under the leadership and guidance of the Country BSM define the modality of payment for Cash Transfer programmes after consulting the Project Coordinator
- Keeps all financial records and transactions relating to the project in the state in accordance with Oxfam procedures and submits timely replenishment requests and reports.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports/statements for the project with standard accounting principles-including budget tracking and preparation of budget variance analysis.
- Prepares cash flow statement and cash forecasts for the project as and when needed
- Designs and implements a Grant Management System for partners and ensures timely, effective financing and reporting from the same.
- Review all the supporting documents related to the projects to ensure that they comply with Oxfam rules prior to any commitment to suppliers.
- Ensures the conduct of partners’ assessment and review of financial reports from partners to ensure that they are compliant with Oxfam standards and guidelines.
- Provides support to OSAID Project team in partner financial management and donor fund management concerns.
- Supports OSAID Project team in the development of project proposals.
- Performance management of Finance Officer(s)
- Review of monthly payroll and ensure all statutory deductions for the month are promptly remitted.
- Ensure financial system data is up to date and adherence to financial requirements.
- Ensures accurate production of donor reports in accordance with the specified format within the agreed timeframe in coordination with programme.
- Ensures Donor Contract Management Systems are updated, with up-to-date information (grant amount, duration of grant, allocation to projects, contract realignments, reporting dates).
- Ensures that the originals of the supporting documents of all project transactions, including partners transactions, are filed/archived in Oxfam office to allow an easy access during audit or Pre-audits by Oxfam.
- Ensures monthly project budget monitoring reports are produced and provides financial information and analysis to Budget Holders to contribute on decision-making.
- Support the Finance Officer (operation) in cash and bank management including, cash handling and cash flow monitoring.
- Conduct regular collaboration and monitoring visits to field offices and partner organisations in coordination with OSAID Project Staff.
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years “hands-on” working experience in providing a whole range of financial services within a structured organisation.
- Two (2) years’ experience working at a strategic level in an INGO program work, including field experience and/or with institutional donors.
- Experience of developing EU funded projects budget, monitoring them, preparing the financial reports, leading the donor audits and training local partners on EU funded projects financial management will be an advantage.
- Experience using computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel, Accounting/Statistical analysis software, Procurement management system etc.).
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation.
- Excellent English Language (oral and written) and report writing skills.
- Ability to represent Oxfam in a professional and competent manner with external individuals and organisations.
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Good leadership skills: experience of working in a supervisory position with a team structure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multicultural team.
- Good organisational and personal management skills.
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way while influencing a wider audience.
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools.
Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
- Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
- Self-Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviours to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
- Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.
- Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th January, 2022.
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
LEADERSHIP IN THE 21ST CENTURY, CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS: A LECTURE DELIVERED BY DR. LAWRENCE CHUKU, ON THE INAUGURATION OF THE 8TH NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OF RIVERS STATE YOUTH FEDERATION HELD ON THE 13TH OF NOVEMBER, 2021 AT THE RIVERS STATE NUJ SECRETARIAT, MOSCOW ROAD, PORT-HARCOURT.
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
Nigeria Agip Exploration (NAE) Limited 2021/2022 post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme – Click Here to Apply
Job Opportunities at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Click Here to Apply
Total Nigeria Plc 2021 Graduate Talent Sourcing – Click Here to Apply
SIM Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Health information system Program Nigeria Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.😊