Delta Trust Mortgage Bank Limited is a Primary Mortgage Bank wholly owned by Delta State Government. The Bank was incorporated in 1998 to carry out Mortgage and Banking related businesses for the benefit of the general public. Over the years we have partnered with reputable developers, individuals and other organized groups in the creation of mortgages for affordable or social homes to enable deserving ones as well as groups actualize their dreams of owning homes within the state and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager (AGM1) – Finance and Business Development
- Will include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations.
- Maintain the company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Must be experienced in crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
- New products development and product re-engineering.
- Identify business practices / needs and recommend solutions that allow for achievement of financial goals and objectives sustain a culture of Service Excellence in the company.
- Must create a very strong productivity driven work force.
- Ensure profitability by ensuring optimum use of company assets and channels POS, WEB Co-ordinate support for all agents and partners from acquisition to maintenance.
Education / Training Requirements
- B.Sc. / B.A in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- M.Sc. / MBA or relevant certification (e.g. ICAN / CFA) is a plus.
- Adequate knowledge of IFRS9-Financial Instrument
- A minimum of Ten (10) years work experience preferably in the Banking industry
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance / Admin, or similar role.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Solid analytical and decision-making and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with sales teams and manage same;
- Excellent negotiating and convincing skills.
Job Title: Manager – Human Resources and Admin
- Executive Management to develop organizational policies to improve people management and business priorities.
- Lead recruitment efforts to from job analysis / job description, selection, interviews and assessments, as well as ensuring that there is a steady talent pool available for succession planning.
- Developing and managing the company’s to total Expense budget.
- Responsible for benefits administration as well as management and maintenance
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of the bank.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the industry.
- Monitoring administration to established standards, procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field, plus relevant Certifications and Memberships e.g. ACIPM etc.
- M.Sc. / MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience within the Human Resource function, of which at least 2 should be in a managerial position or proven experience in similar capacity.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics with sound knowledge of HR systems and databases.
Job Title: Senior Manager – Legal Dept.
- We seek a General Counsel who can deliver effective advice and services as follows:
- Protect the interest of the company from legal liability and as necessary ensures an appropriate legal defense in cases filed against or brought by the Bank.
- Provide legal advice and assistance in connection with: Litigation of any nature brought by or against the Company (including legal actions through its own internal recourse mechanisms).
- Ensure the correct interpretation of, and compliance with, the various policies, rules, regulations and procedures applicable to the Board (Code of Conduct and Corporate governance), staff (Staff Regulations and Rules), applicable Regulatory Guidelines (CBN and NDIC guidelines and policies), and other administrative instructions from the shareholders.
Education and Training Requirements
- A degree in Law with a minimum of second class lower (a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Law would be added advantage)
- A minimum of Ten (10) years of relevant experience preferably with an established Law firm or financial institution, with proven administrative experience.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications
Other Skill Requirements:
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tights deadlines
- Good communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to build partnership with a broad range of clients and delivers results that meet the needs of the Legal Service Department/
- Strong negotiation skills in relation to a varied range of legal documents.
- Ability to work and deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build and maintain effective working relations with colleagues.
Job Title: Senior Manager – Inspection & Internal Audit
- Supervise and conduct periodic reviews of the departments and submit reports on same in accordance with the approved audit plan, policies, processes and audit manuals.
- Coordinate the planned audits to ensure targets as met and as intended.
- Participate in the periodic review of audit manual / program.
- Carry out periodic or annual performance appraisals of assigned staff.
- Mentor, coach, train and hand hold staff under his supervision.
Education and Training Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Banking, Economics, Management or any other relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower).
- Post Graduate qualification may be an advantage.
- Have at least Seven (7) years banking operations experience and have good understanding of banking operations.
- Audit experience in financial service sector is preferable.
Other Skill Requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have good computer skills.
- Must have worked in inspections or internal control unit of a bank (i.e. commercial, mortgage or microfinance) for at least Five (5) years.
- Have good knowledge of risk based inspections.
- Conversant with reconciliation of accounts and have good reconciliation skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of CBN and NDIC banking operations policies.
- Conversant with budget monitoring and control.
- Strong analytic skills and excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
Job Title: Assistant General Manager (AGM2) – Loans & Mortgage
- Manages the overall mortgage loan operations function which includes scheduling, review, preparation, delivery of documents necessary for the origination of residential mortgage loans and ensuring compliance with bank and regulatory guidelines.
- Manages departmental regulatory compliance and quality control ensuring all originated secondary market mortgage loan files are investment quality.
- Develops custom documentation and reporting templates.
- Provides set up and ongoing maintenance of system users, codes, data fields and definitions, formulas, loan programs, offset tables, laser forms and documents, report templates and branch communication.
Education / Training Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred. A Master’s degree in these fields would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years advanced training / experience in a financial institution on loan setting.
- Management experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- High level of understanding of residential mortgage lending operations, regulations and policies.
- High level of technical expertise with loan origination systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proven leadership abilities: effective management / supervisory skills; ability to coach, mentor and train staff.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application and detailed Resume to the MD / CEO’s office at:
Delta Trust Mortgage Bank Limited,
128 Okpanam Road,
Asaba – Delta State.
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to religion, gender or any other applicable Federal or State protected classification
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 30th November, 2020