Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Manager, FM Nigeria
Ref No: 2100031910
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- To provide operational excellence and project management support for the Head of Financial Markets, Nigeria as well as the Regional COO team. This includes the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Operational Risk Framework (ORF), governance and conduct.
- Assistance is also provided to Treasury-Markets and CMPS as per the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the business units
- Be aware of and understand the wider CIB business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Be aware of and understand the Group’s business strategy for Financial Markets and understand its implications on operational risk
- Proactively engage with FM COO teams and other support/control functions that service the FM Business
- Promote awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Assist in the delivery of the management agenda – drive initiatives designed to improve financial performance, operational efficiency, and risk
- Represent the business when interacting with the support functions.
- Support the business in advisory capacity for business initiatives and requests’
- Recommend and drive continuous improvements in the business, i.e. identify and executing ad-hoc improvements to business processes, policies, structure, and roles.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audit reviews – liaising with stakeholders to ensure timely / accurate information is provided. Review audit findings and key themes, assisting the business to achieve timely resolution of action plans.
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders in the country and with other Financial Markets operational risk managers to increase transparency and share key learnings and best practices
- Responsible for ensuring quality of information recorded in risk tracking system (M7), as well as ensuring accuracy, completeness of data, and timely resolution of actions plans to address risk identified
- Responsible for ensuring FM Nigeria maintain an up to date BCP and BIA document and to serve as deputy DCC for the FM Business.
- Ensure BCP and DR tests are conducted for the FM business in line with the bank policy.
- Serve as first point of contact for activities of the dealing room-Dealing Room Manager.
- Responsible for managing clients’ complaint for Financial Markets
- Responsible for supporting the business in minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensure material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence per group policy. Root Cause Analysis to be carried out where required and ensure any findings are remediated.
- Responsible for being the go-to person for the business for all operational risk related incidents and queries that arise, and becoming a business end-to-end subject matter expert in all Financial Markets products offered by the Bank in this market
People and Talent:
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, work in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions
Risk Management & Governance:
- Assess the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business. Challenge processes, procedures, and policy if there is opportunity for improvement
- Accountable for the development of control enhancements to ensure any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries
- Responsible for escalation of issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the regional lead, COO and business head when required
- Prepare papers or provide updates as requested by governance committees;
- Responsible for ensuring periodic peer reviews and spot checks are carried out on any business areas that raise a cause for concern.
- Responsible for speaking out on emerging risks
- Accountable for the identification of operational risk for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Control Sample Testing (CST) process, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards and facilitating the monitoring/collection of any Key Risk Indicators (KRIs). Work with process owners to ensure sign off on all new and amendments to existing CST’s and that same are tabled at NFRF and other governance forums.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- [CBN, FMDQ prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation].
- Head of Financial Markets, Nigeria
- Head of Treasury-Markets, Nigeria
- Senior Operational Risk Officer(s) (SORO)
- Regional Business Manager / COO
- Internal Audit
- External Audit
- Business & Country Compliance teams
- Business Finance
- Operations (GBS / FMO /SSO/ ITO)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th January, 2022.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
Nigeria Agip Exploration (NAE) Limited 2021/2022 post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.