The Specialist Laboratories Limited is a histopathology and cytology diagnostic facility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Assistant
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Medical Laboratory Assistant is responsible for laboratory clerical, technical, and inventory management support while adhering to standards of practice and universal precautions.
- Performs expanded laboratory clerical and technical pre-analytical and post-analytical duties in support of laboratory area.
- Performs pre-analytical and post-analytical duties in support of laboratory area;
- Prepares, tracks, loads and reports samples/specimens in compliance with department policy;
- Assists the department’s Clinical Supervisor with preparation of quality assurance reports, monthly reports and other clerical duties.
- Performs and tracks the inventory counts and places supply orders for the department/section as requested.
- Checks the ordered reagents/supplies when they arrive to make sure the order is complete and places the arrival date on all items;
- Stocks and rotates the department reagents/supplies to ensure that reagents and materials are used based on the expiration dating of the reagents/supplies;
- Exercises fiscal responsibility by ensuring proper inventory control as defined by the department’s leader.
- Works closely with the Technologists and departmental leadership to resolve problems with specimen handling and tracking;
- Assists with correlation/validation specimen procurement and data entry/transcription.
- Performs department specific duties which may include testing and reporting the results of a limited number of tests under the direct supervision of the department supervisor, technologists or technicians.
- Adheres to the department’s test procedures and alerts the appropriate person when a problem occurs.
- Performs daily quality control procedures as determined by the department requirements;
- Checks and records lot numbers and expiration dates of reagents and controls; Calibrates selected instruments;
- Reconstitutes QC material and calibrators.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly preventive maintenance on selected instruments in the department;
- Conducts troubleshooting of instruments and alerts the appropriate person when problems arise;
- Documents temperatures, instrument maintenance as required, per department policy;
- Other duties as assigned.
- You MUST be computer literate.
- Candidates should possess an OND qualification.
- Previous candidates need not to apply.
N35,000 – N42,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2021.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters