SeedCo Nigeria Limited is a joint venture between Seed West Africa Limited (a subsidiary of Seed CO International Limited a public listed Company incorporated in Zimbabwe and quoted on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange) and Saro AgroSciences Limited a Leading Nigeria Agro Input provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Production and Processing Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- A leading Seed Company with interest across Africa is searching for an Assistant Production and Processing Manager capable of leading the team to the next level as it’s deepen its operation in Nigeria.
- The Assistant Production and Processing Manager is charged with the responsibility for managing and ensuring sustainable and cost effective supply of high quality seed products in Nigeria, by delivering excellence in terms of the required volume of the right products at the right time.
- He/She will provide leadership and direction to production and processing operations and also liaise with third parties and licensees to ensure excellence in production stewardship.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Formulate and provide clear production and processing strategies to achieve set targets for both foundation and certified seed
- Budget preparation and cost control for production and processing function. This includes formulation and ownership in continuous improvement of cost saving projects/models for the business unit
- To provide necessary resources required for smooth functioning of the department.
- Prepare production schedules for parent and certified seed each season and five year forecasts in alignment with the business unit strategic plan.
- Build and maintain a sustainable grower base in the best production areas to ensure a consistent supply of high quality and reliable quantity seed
- To provide technical advice to management
- To ensure adequate controls to minimize risk in the seed production chain
- Liaise frequently with other supply chain functions and business units to ensure the reliable supply and delivery of seed in Nigeria
- Set and monitor subordinate staffs’ annual goals in alignment with the functional performance targets and carry out performance evaluation at the end of the financial year
- Training of all field and processing officers, build and maintain an effective team
- Promote an actively caring culture for safety amongst all personnel, growers and contractors.
- Drive the parent seed production plan in Anchau Farm including growers’ recruitment, field inspections and monitoring, processing, inventory control and storage.
- To maintain seed quality through quality assurance and control during field production, harvesting, processing, storage and warehouse management
- To ensure seed legislation as laid down in the Nigerian Seeds Act and Seeds (Certification Scheme) is complied with throughout the seed supply chain.
- Frequent liaison with seed regulatory authority in Nigeria to ensure effective field inspections and seed certification. Collaborate and provide guidance to growers, contractors, and licensees on the production and processing of seed
- Negotiate and establish production contracts and processing agreements including determination of viable grower prices
- To ensure all seed deliveries and grower payments have been done in accordance with the contracts
- Prepare progress reports and ensure that all relevant production information is sent to the business head and relevant departments
- Maintenance and reconciliation of all seed production and processing records.
- To ensure optimum asset utilization and security.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a second-class upper University Degree in Agronomy or similar area of expertise.
- M.Sc holder in Agronomy or other relevant course will have an advantage.
- 5 years prior experience and technical proficiency in field production and seed processing activities.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- MS Office software (Excel, E-mail, Word, Power Point etc.)
- Fluent in English
- Project management skills and team work
- Leadership skills and Mentoring of direct reports in technical and soft skills
- Strong organizational and planning ability (Setting appropriate milestones and demonstrating forward progress)
- Age Requirement: 28 – 35 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th July, 2021
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters