Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video & Movies (Digital Entertainment) Product Lead
Job Type: Full-time
- Be responsible for managing Airtel Digital Entertainment product management initiatives.
- This role reports to the General Manager, Digital Innovation & Content, will collaborate with cross-functional internal/external teams starting with the OTT Content team in collecting/defining requirements and coordinating with the Technology teams to deliver such requirements in a timely and user-friendly product for customer use both pre-launch and in-life.
- Performance accountability for the Digital Entertainment product portfolio from product key performance indicators (Usability, User Experience (UX), Availability, Reliability)
- Lead product strategy definition for the digital entertainment product Lifecycle (from Inception To Launch To sunset of services that no longer meet consumer needs).
- Perform and oversee research activities, including market analysis and competitive analysis
- Partnering with other members of the Digital Product Management Team, and other stakeholders, in establishing Roadmaps, Forecasts, Budgets and KPI’s
- Lead the development of Product Requirements Documentation and User Journey Maps for receipt by our Platform Development Teams and cross-functional delivery organization,
- Facilitate the prioritization of requirements across competing priorities across the product lines, in partnership with Product Line Managers and other key stakeholders
- Lead the effort alongside the engineering and digital product team to set development priorities and define a product roadmap
- Monitor and analyze new Digital Entertainment related Technology trends and innovations, make recommendations to management on their potential applications to the business and use Data Analytics to inform product development and improvement decisions.
- Seek and entertain strategic partners to deliver world class Digital Entertainment solutions that capture market share, drive optimal customer engagement and increase revenue.
- Manage digital entertainment applications and ensure content is collected, organized and displayed on the SDP, Airtel touchpoint platforms or any other platforms in a way that It is relevant, up to date at all times and easily accessed by customers.
- Contribute to the development of annual and quarterly financial plans
- Attends story grooming sessions, sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives in order to rapidly answer any questions the team may have on requirements
- Communicating customer requirements in the form of stories, acceptance criteria and non-functional requirements, and collaborating closely with the team on an ongoing basis to provide guidance and direction
- Ensures that the implementation is focused on deliverables that bring the highest business value and represents the voice of the customer.
- Create workflow diagrams and wireframes for planned products
- Integrate Product Development Requirement with available technical capacity such as portals and devices
- Establish A/B Tests, oversee successful execution of Acceptance Test Plans and work with IT to ensure that all test environments are properly configured and available for each project.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience building digital platforms as a product manager
- Deep understanding of digital entertainment landscape locally and globally
- Strategic thinker, analytical orientation with hands-on “get it done” attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strengths in communications, risk management, conflict resolution skills working in a team environment and mentoring team members
- Awareness of the core systems used to perform Digital Entertainment services
- Willing to travel approximately 15%
- Experience managing technology and quality assurance teams towards delivery of digital consumer products.
- Digital Media, Content Services, Digital Distribution or other related experience strongly desired
- Direct product management work experience at a Telco/Entertainment startup/Tech startup/Gaming Startup such as a major video or broadcast, and/or for a digital platform who offer consumer services in this market/region
- Industry experience and relationships in the Movie, Music, Gaming, Telco or Media verticals
- 8+ years of experience in building product platforms in startup, Telco and media verticals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️