FAO Regional Office for Africa (RAF) 2022/2023 Internship Programme for young Africans The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to fight hunger and achieve food security for all and to ensure that people have regular access to high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With more than 194 member countries, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a role in ending hunger.
The Human Resources Internship Program aims to attract talented young women and men who are highly motivated to share their fresh perspectives, innovative ideas and recent research experience in FAO fields. The program provides participants with a learning opportunity to complement their academic knowledge with a practical job in an area related to FAO’s work. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The intern will report to an assigned supervisor.
The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment.
• Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http:// www.whed.net/.
• Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
• Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
• Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
• Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
• Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
• Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
• Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from Low-Income Food-Deficit Countries (LIFDCs), Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs), and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
• All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
• Candidates who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
• Selected candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed country of assignment prior to joining the Organization.
• FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
How to Apply:
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
• You are requested to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
• Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application through the FAO recruitment portal. Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile.
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Candidates who are not selected before the closing date and wish to be continuously considered for an assignment are requested to re-apply to the new Calls.
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
For More Information:
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to email@example.com
We are 100% more than hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers