FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance and Operations Manager
Location: Northwest, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full time
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Operations Manager an upcoming FCDO-funded opportunity in Northwest Nigeria. This position is contingent upon award.
- The anticipated four-year Programme will deliver support to communities to promote learning and inclusion of girls in Kaduna, Kano, and Jigawa and policy at federal/national level as appropriate.
The Programme will:
- Improve/build foundational skills of marginalised children (particularly girls) through community learning initiatives
- Reduce demand-side barriers to education to enable and improve learning for marginalized children (particularly for girls) by addressing social norms and harmful practices
- Increase the evidence base and rigorously assess the effectiveness of community and household level learning interventions.
- This position will report to the Project Director and will be responsible for providing constant reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets.
- He/She will also be responsible to oversee the Project’s overall finance and operations of the three states including smooth implementation of day-to-day finance and operation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare project pipeline reports and analyze budget patterns and project expenditures.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probability.
- Administer the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to sponsoring organization’s stipulations and appropriate guidelines.
- Assist in overseeing the preparation of monthly payroll and pension remittances.
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls and audit trails are maintained throughout all transactions.
- Provide support to the field offices in monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Oversee the process and ensure FHI 360 procurement policies are implemented as per the allocated financial thresholds.
- Ensure all procurement documents are submitted on a regular basis to the Finance Officer to prepare the payments.
- In collaboration with IT department, ensuring that all Project assets are targeted and entered in an asset database.
- Supporting the Field Coordinators to facilitate an asset verification exercise every quarter and update the asset list.
- Liaise with the FHI 360 Country Office to ensure consistent and clear communications on operational activities, IT, recruitment/HR actions and employee relations under the guidance of the Project Director.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all operations and procurement staff through supervision and by clearly identifying key roles and responsibilities, setting individual target objectives, giving constructive performance feedback, and ensuring the right tools, training, and resources are in place for success.
- Interact regularly with project leadership to provide updates on the organization’s finance and operations status and resolve any problems or issues associated with finance and operations.
- Work with operation as well as technical staff to ensure the correct procedures are followed in the purchase of goods and services and that actions are conducted in a highly efficient manner by promoting proper planning well in advance of upcoming activities.
- Ensuring all Finance and Procurement procedures are in line with FHI 360 rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field is required.
- Eight or more years of relevant experience in a programmatic environment.
- Familiarity with FCDO grants or other client-funded programs, contracting and auditing standards.
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role with experience in office management and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi-funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications.
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Ability to travel.
N.B: This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
Requisition ID: 2021202182
Location: Kano, Kaduna or Jigawa
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Advisor: M&E PLANE
- The newly awarded project Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) is a project funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), formerly known as the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
- PLANE is a 7 year project (2020-2027) that strengthens education systems to improve foundational skills in reading and math for children in the primary grades.
- PLANE’s focal states are Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, with limited interventions in other parts of Nigeria.
- PLANE Output 1 focuses on development of teaching and learning materials; teacher training, school leadership and community mobilization, and improved assessments.
- FHI 360 is seeking M&E Technical Officers based in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa to support monitoring and evaluation of PLANE Output 1 activities.
- The TO, M&E is responsible for implementing PLANE M&E activities in the state. M&E activities will focus on education outputs and outcomes for the primary grades.
- The TO, M&E will track progress made towards meeting program/contract results, indicators, and targets, including impacts on access, retention, reading and math outcomes, community engagement, gender, and disability-inclusive measures, ensuring that they are being consistently and systematically tracked and reported.
- S/he will liaise with the M&E Technical Advisor (based in Abuja) to ensure that M&E activities are aligned to the overall M&E design.
- S/he will collaborate with the MEL team to collect and analyze data, and will share data regularly with the state team for analysis and action.
- S/he may be responsible for sharing data with stakeholders for their understanding and action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and oversees the monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities of Output 1, including baseline and endline assessments, data cleaning and analysis, updates to project dashboards, and dissemination of data and research.
- Supports training of enumerators for data collection activities
- Builds capacity for tablet-based monitoring by School Support Officers from the LGEAs.
- Support the visualization and use of data through dashboards at multiple levels of the education system. Supports LGEAs and SUBEBs to effectively use data for decision-making.
- Works closely with the technical team leads to utilize monitoring tools and conduct field monitoring
- Reports to the M&E Technical Advisor to ensure that M&E activities are aligned to project plans, and collaborates with other M&E officers as required
- Collaborates closely with state-based teams to ensure that data is utilized for decision-making within the project
- Supports the Assessment Technical Working Group, providing guidance to stakeholders from SUBEBs, MoEs, LGEAs, and schools to improve the assessment and monitoring systems in the target states and foster sustainability of PLANE interventions.
- Maintains strong ongoing relationships with key stakeholders and development partners and leads annual data sharing events.
- Supports staff and stakeholders to develop improved continuous and summative assessments at the school level.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Science, Information Technology, Economics, or other relevant discipline with at least 3 – 5 years of experience related to Monitoring, Evaluating, and Reporting on Education or social-sector programs required,
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with program staff and partners
- Fluency in English.
- Strong contextual understanding of Nigeria.
- Experience in implementation of M&E systems for international development projects.
- Experience with literacy and mathematics assessments preferred
- Familiarity with tablet-based monitoring and data dashboards preferred;
- Proficiency with relevant software (ODK, Tangerine, Excel, Kobo) preferred
- Experience in training enumerators preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️