Our client is a leading multi-disciplined construction company and they now require a Financial Director to join their successful and ever-expanding team.
This role will create the opportunity for an energetic “shirt sleeves” Accountant to have the chance to really bring change and improve accounting operations; to make their mark.
In this role you will manage, train and mentor, in a team focused environment, with a long term approach to ensure that your team fulfil their potential.
This role Reports to the Owners of the businesses.
To lead and develop the Accounts Team in all aspects of pay/bill, credit control and accounting activities. Complete and ensure compliance with all regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage all financial and accounting aspects of the Group companies.
- Oversee and manage the monthly payment and billing processes
- Guide and develop the financial Controller in all operational and reporting aspects.
- Run the monthly staff payroll and related HMRC PAYE reporting on a monthly and annual basis
- Manage all bank reconciliations
- Oversee petty cash, credit card expenses and cash expenses
- Manage invoice discount operation and monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly cash flow, manage working capital facilities for the routine business operations
- Run month-end and support year-end close process
- Coordinate with the Auditors on the preparation of statutory reporting
- Fixed Asset Accounting (including fleet of Business vehicles)
- Provide management accounts / management information on an accurate and timely basis
- Ad hoc reporting to Owners on special projects
- Maintain Asset Register
- Run MTD VAT returns
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and management
- Streamline and improve accounts functions
- Proven working experience as a Financial Manager/Controller/Director
- 10+ years post qualification experience
- Educated to degree standard
- ACCA or CIMA qualified
- PC literate with good excel skills
- Construction industry exposure would be preferred but is not mandatory
- Preferably experience of Sage 50 Cloud accounting software
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
Should this superb Finance Director role be of interest to you, please submit your CV to Anna Maguire.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.