Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 181 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Flavours Marketing Associate
Job type: Fixed Term – Contract
Flavours Marketing Associate for Maghreb and FWA Region
- A Marketing Executive for our Flavours Marketing team for Africa and the Middle East and focusing on our Maghreb and West African Region market, while being based in our Lagos (Nigeria) office – Your future position?
- Do you hold flavours close to your heart and food trends always in your head? And would you like to work with the big food and beverage companies in Nigeria and French West Africa on new and Consumer-preferred flavours for their new food concepts? Then you should read further!
- We are looking to expand our Flavours Africa and the Middle East Marketing team and have opened a new exciting role for a ‘Marketing Associate’ to focus on the vibrant markets of the Nigeria and French West African region. You will be based in our Lagos office in Nigeria and will report into both the Flavours Sales Manager and the Marketing Manager for Maghreb and FWA, and will offer excellent opportunities for development.
- As a ‘Marketing Associate’ in Givaudan, you will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. Our passion for our customers – the big food and beverage companies, and their brands brings a new dimension to our Business to Business industry.
- You will work for the market leader that is at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions. We have a culture that works to inspire and challenge the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in Nigeria and FWA have local, regional, and international profiles, which brings diversity and curiosity to our daily job.
- Sound intriguing? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you have a true passion for the wonderful world of flavours, loves staying ahead of the curve, relishes being a true expert in your field, and able to translate the needs of our customers into strategy!
In this exciting role, you will:
- This exciting role offers an international work environment with a broad range of responsibilities, high visibility, and the opportunity to contribute and to further grow with our organisation. You will manage:
Market strategy – Doing the right things:
- Build an in-depth market understanding of consumers, local customer brands and market categories and dynamics.
- Identify market needs and opportunities through analysis
- Be a strategic partner for the Country Manager and the Sales team on local strategy and planning.
- Guide the development of Nigeria/Ghana marketing action plan.
Drive customer centricity – With the right mindset:
- Drive customer-centric thinking and taking the customer’s perspective.
- Support our customers’ innovation process
- Ensure that customers know and understand our capabilities.
- Develop close relationships with customers at country levels.
- Engage on customer briefs.
Excellence in execution – Performed in the right way:
- Guide the execution plan and implementation of the Country marketing strategy.
- Build the Givaudan brand in the local market and ensure local marketing activity is consistent with Flavour division branding and positioning.
- Adapt and deploy regional promotions, capabilities, and new ideas presentations according to local needs.
- Plan and coordinate local customers’ visits and events in relation to marketing activities
Support Innovation efforts – By looking ahead:
- Lead innovation together with regional marketing and technical teams to achieve the next ‘blockbuster’ flavour based on deep consumer understanding and product segment insights.
- Ensure that products are relevant to the local markets regarding cost-effectiveness, profitability, and performance.
- Partner with technical teams to give insightful customer presentations on new technologies for target customers.
- Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your world? Who excels being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join us – and affect your world!
Your professional profile includes:
- A Bachelor or University Degree in Marketing.
- 2+ years of regional experience in a similar role within a multinational, multi-country environment
- Able to work and successfully manage in a rapidly changing environment
- Well-developed story telling skills: excellent in delivering compelling presentations
- Able to travel within Maghreb and West African countries
- Fluent in English and with good command of French
- Experience in Food and Beverage or related industry
- customer-focused, with a serious commitment to excellence
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview