Gov. Wike merely punching above his weight – Chief Emeka Bekee
The State Chairman-elect of All Progressives Congress, Rivers State, Chief Emeka Bekee, has described statements made by Gov. Nyesom Wike of Rivers State attacking the federal government as a typical case of a butterfly thinking itself a bird.
Chief Bekee made the assertion while reacting to the unguarded attacks levied on the federal government by Governor Nyesom Wike at the commissioning of the reconstructed Ezimgbu Road in Port Harcourt last Monday.
According to Chief Bekee, ordinarily there would have been no need responding to the usual incoherent vituperation of the garrulous governor but obvious that he was speaking about development – a subject matter the governor has little understanding about – there arose the need to respond to him lest he went further astray.
“The subject matter the governor chose to criticise the federal government about evoked a sense of tragedy. How can someone who has no understanding of the economy and development suddenly arrogate to himself the job of lecturing the federal government on how to stimulate the economy?
“It is very sad that Gov. Wike either has forgotten or is completely ignorant of the history of the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway he chose to talk about and how the PDP federal government disastrously failed to fix that all-important road in the entire 16 years it ruled Nigeria. For the information of the governor, next year the Buhari-led federal government will deliver that road fully reconstructed for the use of Nigerians. Gov. Wike should know the difference between reconstructing an inner city road of less than two kilometres and reconstructing a major national interstate arterial 63 kilometres Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
“It is surprising that Gov. Wike mentioned the dilapidated Eleme axis of the East/West Road without giving explanation to what he did with the over N3bn he collected from multinational and other companies to carry out maintenance on that section of the East-West Road at the inception of his administration, Chief Bekee queried.
The APC State Chairman said that the over N78bn the governor was refunded last year was an accumulation of all the jobs done on federal roads by his predecessor.
“Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi as governor carried out several jobs on federal roads to alleviate the sufferings of the people and help the economy of the State for which Gov Wike received the refund of over N78bn. Why has Wike refused to intervene for the sake of the people? He should be empathetic and follow in the footsteps of his predecessor and either get the refund or for his successor to get the refund. Governance is a continuum,” Chief Bekee said.
On Governor Wike’s criticism of the federal government’s Anchor Borrowers Scheme, Chief Bekee opined that it was bewildering that Gov. Wike that has zero agriculture policy should be proffering advice on agriculture to the federal government.
“For God’s sake, how can Gov. Wike advise anyone on agriculture? Wike is not fit to advise the smallest local government anywhere in Nigeria concerning agriculture. He came and destroyed every agricultural project and programmes established and operated by his predecessor. Where is Songhai today? Where is the Banana Farm at Tai? Where is the Fish Farm at Buguma? Where are all the other agricultural projects conceptualised and nurtured into existence by the Chibuike Amaechi administration? They are all in in ruins. Even the much hyped Cassava Processing Factory in Oyigbo largely supported by Shell was commissioned and shut down by the governor to this day. Nothing is happening there,” Chief Bekee charged.
The APC State Chairman-elect warned the governor not to continue to paint Rivers people as toxic people through his garrulousness and uncivil utterances.
“Even if he might have started very early to over indulge in his passion on his birthday, he should have rather dedicated such an important day in his life to have a sober reflection instead of letting his passion betray him through his utterances,” Chief Bekee concluded.
Senibo Chris Finebone
APC State Spokesman-elect
14th Dec, 2021
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
LEADERSHIP IN THE 21ST CENTURY, CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS: A LECTURE DELIVERED BY DR. LAWRENCE CHUKU, ON THE INAUGURATION OF THE 8TH NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OF RIVERS STATE YOUTH FEDERATION HELD ON THE 13TH OF NOVEMBER, 2021 AT THE RIVERS STATE NUJ SECRETARIAT, MOSCOW ROAD, PORT-HARCOURT.
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
Nigeria Agip Exploration (NAE) Limited 2021/2022 post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme – Click Here to Apply
Job Opportunities at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Click Here to Apply
Total Nigeria Plc 2021 Graduate Talent Sourcing – Click Here to Apply
SIM Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Health information system Program Nigeria Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊