With funds from the Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) the Nigeria Program of the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is seeking an ethical and responsible Nigerian for an internship in Yankari Game Reserve. The position will report to the WCS Yankari Landscape Director and will be based in Yankari Game Reserve. The intern will be provided with training and field experience.
Vacancy Name: Internship
Work Location: Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi State
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will spend time in both the field and the office, the main activities that the intern will be involved in include:
- Assist management and supervision of SMART-based ranger patrols. The intern will also help with the download of data from SMART devices in the field, with data analysis and report writing.
- Support the ongoing camera trapping project, with a focus on lions, including the placement of camera traps, battery replacement, data retrieval, storage and analysis.
- Provide support for school visits as part of the WCS conservation education program at Yankari.
- Assist the monitoring of collared elephants and lions, including learning radio telemetry techniques.
- Support storeroom management including fuel and patrol rations.
- Support the management of the operations room, including answering and logging radio calls from rangers and phone calls from elephant guardians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biological science or related field.
- Must be a fluent Hausa speaker.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, conservation and sustainable development.
- Willing to undertake long-distance camping patrols with rangers on foot, and ability to withstand tough field conditions.
- Strong levels of physical fitness and resilience with an effective “roll up the sleeves” work ethic.
How to Apply
Applications should consist of a CV and cover letter and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than the 15th of March 2021 as one single Word document.
For more information, visit https://nigeria.wcs.org/Staff/career1.aspx
- Applications sent later than the closing date, which do not comply with the application instructions will be disqualified.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a background investigation.
- Wildlife Conservation Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters