Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Ref No: JR1048340
Worker Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
- This role manages day to day warehousing operations in specific markets in Africa, providing a service of executing operations, partnering with warehouse providers and adding value to each market in the region.
- The role holder will work with a complex range of in market stakeholders (MD, Supply, Finance, and Commercial), in market warehousing teams as well as the central Operational Excellence and CoE team.
- The role will need to interact across cultures & have strong influence/impact within business
- The role will also need to engage and partner with key Diageo Supply Partners (3PL’s, GDBS, etc.) as well as external suppliers.
- Execute Distribution Requirements Plan – Receive Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) from PLAN, provide warehousing space, manage warehouse shortfalls and flag threshold capacity.
- Inventory Management & Quality Control (Finished Goods, Raw & Pack Material). Track inventory levels, Track stock aging, Innovations and SLOBs plus relaying information back to PLAN.
- Manage 3PL Contracts-Manage 3PL provider’s performance (including cost), Lead SPM reviews, track set KPI milestones, suggest improvements and implementation of initiatives.
- Warehouse set-up (Finished Goods) – Ensure warehouse (owned or leased) meets Diageo Health, safety & environmental standards (HSE standards), Optimise lighting, signage, security, warehouse racks and layout configuration.
- Lead and motivate the team to deliver the Center of Excellence (CoE) requirements including influencing those non direct reports.
- Warehouse Operations (Finished Goods, Raw and Pack Materials) -Create and execute warehouse and yard schedules, optimize processes, manage reconciliations and treatment of variances.
- BSc in a Supply Chain related subject.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a warehouse manager in handling FMCGs preferably handling 3PL.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written combined with the ability to engage effectively at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to use Warehouse Management System (WMS) systems and guide others will be an advantage
- Numerate and ability to apply KPI’s to drive performance management at all levels in the warehouse.
- Demonstrable ability to engage and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change within the warehouse environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters