Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of poverty. Cofounded by Helen Keller – and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health solutions to vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
Established in 1915, Helen Keller International works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, Helen Keller currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Independent Monitor
Number of Openings: 16 Monitors per LGA
Duration: Training – 2 days; Field Activities/Intervention – 5 days.
Reports to: M&E Specialist.
- Under the supervision of the M&E Specialist, the Independent Monitor assists with monitoring and supervision of MNCHW in assigned LGA and administering standard questionnaires using a programmed smartphone and submit a comprehensive report of activities and intervention at the end of the exercise
- Participate in supervising MNCHW intervention teams and monitoring of intervention in communities within assigned LGA.
- Document lessons learned, successes / best practices challenge and proffer possible solutions.
- Produce and submit a detailed preliminary report of the MNCHW in assigned LGA.
- Return assigned Smart phones, chargers, power banks and ID Cards.
- Participate in filling 20 health worker supervisory questionnaires daily for a 4-day period.
- Participate in interviewing 20 caregiver exit interview questionnaire daily for a 4-day period.
- Complete 1 picture / video / interview form on the 5th day of the intervention.
Minimum Education / Experience / Skills
- Degree in Sciences, Public Health, Public Administration, Management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to the job requirements
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills and supportive supervision skills;
- Able to work under pressure, hard to reach areas and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially.
- At least 1 year working experience in Nutrition program or carrying out data collection using smart phone.
- Willingness to travel within any parts of the state.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications will be accepted until the application closing date.
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2021
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊