FRAGG Investment Management Limited is an impact and Climate fund management and investment advisory firm with special focus on investments in the Impact sectors. FRAGG channels investments into the multi-sector (Impact and Green) SMEs in West Africa to generate empowerment and economic growth while creating a valuable social and environmental impact. Following the company’s investment goals of balancing financial returns with social impact and environmental considerations, FRAGG uses both equity convertible debt and debt instruments to target the clients’ financial needs through profitable investment products in a variety of sectors (agribusinesses, food processing, microfinance/fintech, health and related services, Education, Affordable housing, renewable energy, waste management/recycling). Additionally, FRAGG offers technical assistance in form of advisory and general business development services to SMEs aiming to improve their capacity to manage their businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Officer / Analyst
About The Job
- Investment Officer / Analyst closely works with FRAGG’s Investment Director, and is responsible for the origination, design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent monitoring of the FRAGG’s investment portfolios.
- The Investment Director coordinates the activities of the Investment Officers and works closely with Fragg’s investment team in designing, executing and monitoring transactions.
- The Investment Officer/Analyst will be based in Lagos, Nigeria with travels to Ghana, Togo, Benin and Cotè d’Ivoire, Cameroon and other West and Central African Countries.
Other Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the investment / credit committee;
- Creating and analyzing financial models;
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements;
- Participating in investments negotiations and assisting in transaction documentation;
- Conducting industry and market research for business development;
- Participating in the monitoring of existing investments;
- Coordinating the activities of the investment officers and analysts.
- Develop exit strategies and lead divestment processes
- Support the Managing Partner with company and investor relations
- Develop, interpret and update complex financial models for potential and current projects
- Preparing reports based on financial statements, financial models, project progress reports, and other information from portfolio or prospective client companies;
- Designing and conducting due diligence;
- Preparing documentation for FRAGGs internal approvals;
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with client companies to enhance new business opportunities;
- Perform periodic project performance and credit review of investment as agreed with the Investment Director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in Private Equity / Venture Capital firm, investment vehicle etc. (five or more years) with a track record in generation, execution and processing of investment private equity/venture capital deals, corporate finance, and/or structuring transactions;
- Solid foundation in accounting and financial model and analysis;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills;
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Fluency in writing and speech in English and French;
- Additional professional qualifications (e.g. CFA/ACA/ACCA, MBA, PMP etc) will be an advantage
- Masters or equivalent degree with specialization in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Management and related fields;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sound judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application with the subject “Investment Officer / Analyst” to: [email protected] with the following documents:
- A letter of motivation / cover letter;
- Detailed CV;
- Summarized profile (one page).
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 31st March, 2021.