Jesuit Memorial College (JMC), Port Harcourt, Nigeria, is a coeducational secondary school founded in October, 2013 by the North – West Africa Province of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). Jesuit Memorial College, Port Harcourt (JMC) was launched in October, 2013. The JMC is been established as a humble memorial and strong commitment to excellent education in the Jesuit tradition in honour of the 60 Loyola Jesuits College students who died in the Sosoliso plane crash of December, 2005.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: French Teacher
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The French Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instruction in French to students in JS 1 -3 and SS 1 – 3 in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know inlife in relation to French.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
Education Qualification and Experience
- B.Ed (French) or its equivalent is required. Any higher degree or qualification especially in the field of French is an advantage.
- At least two (2) years teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to French is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- A team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision;
- Profeciency in the use of Office Suites, like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- Good command of English Language;
- Good understanding of adolescent psychology;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV (in MicroSoft Word) and scanned Credentials to the “Human Resources Manager” via: [email protected] and copied to the “Principal” via: [email protected]
Hard copies of the above mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elikpokwuodu Road, Mbodo, Aluu,
Port Harcourt -Rivers State
* We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 2nd October, 2020.