African Economic Congress is a social enterprise that focuses on the growth and improvement of the African economy by facilitating conversations that bring about change across board.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Freelance Economic / Editorial Writer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Volunteer
- We are looking for a Freelance Content Writer to join our editorial team to add his / her contributions and enrich our magazine andwebsitewith new original articles.
- Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication. If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
- Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, Communication Studies, or adjacent field.
- Prior writing experience, preferably as a Freelancer.
- Familiarity with mainstream word processing software.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, disciplined approach to work.
- Portfolio of completed works.
- Own a personal or laptop computer.
Job Title: Freelance Magazine Editor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Volunteer
- We are lookong for a freelance / volunteer editor to perform a variety of editorial duties, such as laying out, indexing, and revising content of written materials, in preparation for final publication of a leading economic / finance magazine with an African coverage.
- Rewrite copy from writers
- Modify written content from writers
- Develop a content calendar
- Develop ideas for content
- Oversee content production
- Create highly shareable content
- Adhere to journalism best practices
- Assign projects and monitor deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English with 4-20 years work experience.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with content management systems
- Ability to meet the necessary budget
- Great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- Conceptual creative abilities
- Ability to create stories
Job Title: Brand Manager
Location: Asokoro, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced Brand Manager to help us build our brand and raise brand awareness.
- You’ll work across all levels and departments of our organization to find what makes us unique and communicate it to the world.
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights
- Shape and communicate our vision and mission
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
- Manage a team of marketing people working on brand initiatives
- Lead creative development to motivate the target audience to “take action”
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
- Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
- Devise innovative growth strategies
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
- Proven working experience as Brand Manager or Associate Brand Manager
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers
- Outstanding communication skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Degree in Marketing or a related field.
- 4 – 15 years Experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Work Portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 30th November, 2020.