Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Brand Manager – Guinness
Ref Id: JR1042202
Location: Ikeja, Lagos HQ
Job Type: Full time
Work Type: Regular
At Diageo, we boast a wealth of admired brands that few companies can rival. With names such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, there’s a rich legacy of character and outstanding products to promote. And we rely on passionate, driven marketers to celebrate these brands and ensure their future success
Whether you’re involved in launching a spirited and innovative campaign, developing fresh and exciting products, tapping into a new generation of consumers or delving into the insights that spark the next big idea, there are a huge variety of projects and roles on offer. But all our positions demand the same levels of resilience, strategic thinking and creativity that drives growth and does justice to the quality of our brands.
Character is everything to us at Diageo. We’re looking for the bold, daring and pioneering spirit that has sustained us for hundreds of years. If you share our sense of adventure, you’ll thrive here. With opportunities to shape the career you want, through continuing learning and development, and the support of talented peers.
About the Role
- The Brand Manager role is accountable for Brand Equity, Net Sales Value (NSV) & Contribution After Advertising and Promotion (CAAP) delivery for the assigned brand within the Guinness Nigeria portfolio.
- The role shapes the future strategic direction for the brands in the portfolio, ensuring sustainable profitable volume growth by exploiting current and new consumer opportunities in the Nigeria market.
- The role will need to form strong relationships across the Marketing, Commercial and Innovations teams and other functions across the business.
- The role would also have coaching responsibilities for other Marketing resources in order to grow both functional and leadership capability within the function.
- The Nigerian market has shown inherent volatility over many years this trend is expected to continue into the medium term with increased competitor entrants. Managing market volatility and the ambiguity that this drives in activity planning, budget setting and activity management is an inherent part of the complexity in this role.
- There is the added responsibility and complexities that comes with getting to cut through insight premised work for Nigeria in collaboration with the Global Brand Team.
- Creative – Thinks outside existing paradigms and nurtures big ideas
- Inspiring – Brings energy and passion to the business and creates mass followership
- Strategic – Strong proven experience creating strategies for growth.
- Insight Driven – Curious about consumers and what drives them, and can unlock insights to change consumer relationships with brands
- Relationships – Builds strong cross-functional relationships.
- Extensive Consumer Product Goods Experience
- Drive and project manage the creation of long-term brand strategy and brand plans based on consumer, customer, and shopper insight that will set the brand up for transformational growth
- Lead cross-agency teams and foster new partnerships in developing the brand’s communication approach and execution in an omnichannel environment (on, off & 3rd space).
- Understand and respond to the drivers of your brand performance, working in partnership with the commercial teams to deliver the annual operating plan.
- Kicking off, and leading start to finish the creation of a new or evolved communication platform as well as an updated and clear set of brand guidelines to drive enhanced consistency of how the brand shows up in market across all channels and touchpoints.
- Build and run a data strategy that will allow you to unlock powerful insight into the performance of your brand.
Education and Experience Required:
- University degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (4 – 6 years)
- Clear understanding of FMCG brand marketing.
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
- Experience of working on Mainstream brands & understanding of Execution standards required for the value-oriented consumer.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Extensive experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Head of Division – Central
Ref No: JR1042177
Location: Benin, Edo
Worker Type: Regular
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
- The Head of Division (HOD) is responsible for overall management and delivery of business goals within the division.
- This role provides leadership expertise to the team, ensures efficient and focused sales strategies are in place to achieve the business strategy, growth and profit objectives. The key role metrics are:
- Responsible for Divisional Field Salesforce overhead budget and effective use of all Marketing spend to optimize volume and sales force effectiveness: Divisional NSV, Tactical Budget, POS and expenses management
- Division geographically based with total salesforce of 30 – 100 employees with between 5 – 8 direct reports who are predominantly Area Sales Managers
- Has oversight responsibility over all other roles sitting in the Division
- Part of the Commercial Leadership Team
- Create possibilities: overcome objections by creating ideas and opportunities to enable you and others to go beyond the existing situation. Stand in the future for both the market and Diageo to shape that future by working within and outside established approaches
- Create conditions for people for succeed: build alignment and commit to delivering outstanding relationships. A great coach who creates a proactive, supportive and challenging climate of individual development where excellence is expected. Sets performance objectives; directing individual/team contributions toward business objectives and manages change sensitively by giving clear directions and encouraging others to approach during times/issues of uncertainty.
- Consistently delivers great performance: Moves effectively between strategic and operational details yet stays focused on priorities and demonstrates rigor and brilliant execution. Builds timeframes and allocates resources to address capability gaps while staying informed of capability strengths and development areas across the Commercial function
- Achieve profitable volume/market share target for the Division with responsibility for business growth and capability development of key partners within the Division
- Revise strategies accordingly to win in the market based on sales performance and ensure outlet execution standards are achieved for the Division
- Ensure trade spend is deployed to gain full return on our investment and achieve sales of the right mix in SKU’s to produce a profitable Division
- Responsible for managing and enhancing the corporate reputation of Guinness Nigeria via adherence to corporate governance procedures
- Coach and train team members in line with monthly activities checklist; identify training needs of direct reports and works with Capability team to build team’s capability to ensure a talent pipeline
- A strong track record in Sales at a management level, with experience in at least two areas of Sales – particularly critical is previous experience of Field Sales or other customer facing roles
- Broad commercial expertise gained across Consumer Marketing and / or Sales Management
- Strong leadership and communication skills –written and verbal
- Previous experience in leading/managing others, delivering results through teams and strong track record as a coach. Experience in change management is particularly advantageous
- Strong capability and ability to coach others in Execution Standards, Managing Relationships (including negotiation skills), Sales Force Effectiveness, Outlet Segmentation and Targeted Trade Investment. This role is particularly important in championing our Responsible Drinking agenda
- Previous exposure to strategy development is valuable. Strong project management skills, commercial and financial capability are important.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview