Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining Later.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Training Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: Training Manager
- Design and Organize training for the company with line managers by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers.
- Planning, directing and delivering training and development programmes including staff inductions, to accomplish the organisation’s goals.
- Developing individual training programmes that meet the skills gap identified through training needs assessment.
- Designing and implementing appropriate e-learning strategies.
- Promoting an open knowledge-sharing environment that builds knowledge, skills and service for the benefit of the organisation as a whole.
- Acts as the liaison and coordinator of programmes conducted by external training partners.
- Be an integral part of the annual performance appraisal process, prepared after discussions between the employee, line manager and an HR, usually the T&D Manager.
Set of Tasks:
- Design and update the training plan and training modules, in coordination with all participants.
- Design a structured and relevant training plan
- Organize and update the training schedule
- Post- training follow-up
- Analyse any issues linked to the performance of the training system
- Assist the sales director, on his request, with the recruiting process
- Asses the yearly training budget, taking into account the company’s resources
- Design and use tools to identify needs in terms of training
- Assess the competence and progress of each participant
- Accompany participants throughout training
- Detect training needs
- Follow up on exams
Education / Experience
- University degree with 1-3 years work experience.
- Solid Knowledge of banking & financial products and Training and Development Strategy
- Working experience in a microfinance institution
- Experience in the training field
- Excellent coaching skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Articulate and convincing
- Rigorous and unbiased
- Team Spirit
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Applicant must be residing in Kaduna
- Analysis skills
- Designing and writing skills
- Cross-disciplinary management skills
- Organized, disciplined and with a talent for observation
- Honesty and loyalty
Job Title: IT Intern -Digital Strategy Officer
Employment Type: Internship
Duties And Responsibilities
The selected intern will support/contribute to:
- Be responsible for handling transaction issue resolutions by Baobab MFB customers, escalating and following through that all transactions are resolved at record time
- Be in charge of the E2E (end to end) process of Baobab Cards delivery to Baobab MFB Branches
- Be responsible for reporting on specified digital channels used by Baobab customers
- Be responsible for updating workflows and plans for internal digital transformation process.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Required Skills And Experience
- Qualified/suitable intern from the field of Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or related discipline.
- Must be currently undergoing NYSC Scheme
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyse data and resolve problems;
- Ability to produce deliverables conforming to the required standard;
- Ability to support a team and team building skills;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 29th October, 2020.