Justice Development and Peace / Caritas Commission, a Faith Based Not for Profit Non Governmental organization is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Nsukka, Enugu
Employment Type: Full-time
- It is pertinent to develop new databases and / or management information systems (MIS), maintain and upgrade existing ones in order to respond to data management needs of the project in relation its Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP), which will include but not limited to routine data collection, storage and reporting using appropriate indicators, tools and MIS.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide overall support to the day to day implementation of M&E activities JDPC. S/he should collaborate with his Technical Specialist in the state office and or in-country headquarters to ensure that all M&E tools and management information systems (MIS) are availability and up to date for routine program monitoring activities in the state.
- H / she will ensure that data entry into national, PEPFAR and project MIS – National OVC management information system (NOMIS), District Health Information System (DHIS), Data for Accountability and Impact (DATIM) and other MIS; are up to date at all times. Furthermore,
- S / he will collaborate with the OVC State teams and the JDPC to ensure that accurate and high-quality program data are collected and entered into the MIS platforms in a timely manner, reports generated along with the narratives, to provide information for OVC programming and management decision making.
- Also, s / he will support the training of Case Workers JDPC staff, promote program learning and sharing among staff, partners and stakeholders and encourage data utilization at all levels.
- Work closely with the JDPC Program officers and mentor them to ensure they understand the data requirements and data-gathering and report formats.
- Support JDPC M&E staff in their work with the Data entry clerks, community volunteers, LG Social welfare officers and community improvement teams(CIT) to ensure that enough training is done at all levels, that the correct forms are used and that accurate reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- In collaboration with the CCFN team build capacity of JDPC Program Officers in understanding of OVC MER indicators and Nigeria custom indicators and how they are measured.
- Ensure that JDPC s enter accurate and high-quality data and report on the MIS platforms on a timely basis or as may be needed. Work with contract M&E firm in the implementation of data quality assessments (DQAs), Site Improvement and Monitoring System (SIMS) implementation.
- Ensure that JDPC s participate in the DQAs, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Senior Technical Specialist (STS) or Technical Specialist, MEAL OVC in the analysis and report of JDPC’s data using the MIS required platforms on monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis to CCFN and other stakeholders, as may be required.
- Undertake any MEAL responsibilities that may be assigned to him from time to time by his supervisor of the management team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science with emphasis in Rural Development, Public Health, Statistics or a Development related field.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E design with previous experience in application of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- At least three (3) year of professional experience implementing / managing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least one year with an NGOs.
- Experience in designing computer databases in Excel, Access, SQL or in other database packages such as DHIS and DATIM.
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office – Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience in data analysis in Access and at least one of the following: CSPro, SPSS, EpiInfo or STATA is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective teamwork; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives / targets.
- Key Working Relationships: Internal: Technical Specialist MEAL, Database Manager, State Program Manager, Technical area leads (HIV Care and Support, Household Economic Strengthening, Government and Community System Strengthening, Gender and adolescents, Collaborating, Learning and Adapting, etc) External: JDPC s, External Consultants and Government partners
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Programs Manager. The position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the State Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Job Title: Program Officer: Nutrition, Care and Support
Location: Nsukka, Enugu
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
- The Prevention Officer will work with stakeholders, facilities, Civil society organizations, Subnational government units, State Technical working groups in the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of Prevention, Care & Support of HIV services including but not limited to general prevention, HIV Testing Services, Linkage, Adherence, Retention, Prevention of Mother to child Transmission, Differentiated Models of Care and Nutrition services programming within 4GATES supported state of operations, communities and facilities.
- The incumbent under the supervision of the Senior Specialist will provide direct programmatic implementation support at facility, team and program level in the attainment of project activities.
Description of Role & Responsibilities
- Support the design and implementation of the Prevention, Care & Support Services activities in supported states in accordance with 4GATES objectives in the following regards;
- Support the design and implementation of the HIV prevention services (including HTS among the general population, KP, adolescents and young people) in supported states.
- Provide technical support and oversight to ensure excellent HIV Testing Services delivery in supported facilities with particular focus on Index Case Testing in line with program directives.
- Support the process of development, review and deployment of HIV prevention documents, guidelines and training curricula, including HIV Testing Services, Index Testing and KP testing, tailored training curriculum and service delivery guidelines.
- Contribute to capacity building efforts of partners and ensure delivery of high-quality services at all program sites using internationally recognized best practices and in line with national guidelines.
- Work to strengthen quality assured counseling and testing services across all the HTS models â€“ facility-based, mobile and strategic community outreaches targeting key and vulnerable populations.
- Implement effective linkage of all identified positive clients through innovative strategies e.g. accompanied referrals and use of the linkage tracker for all identified positives across all supported facilities.
- Work with the ART Health care team to establish and strengthen adherence systems at the facility and community levels for improved quality of patient care. Support facility adherence interventions to ensure long term adherence to ART.
- Put in place effective retention interventions to attain 95% retention of patients on ART on the 4GATES program. .
- Build capacity of facility nurses to take on new roles in the implementation of differentiated model of ART delivery (DMOAD) such as Fast track refill services and organized specialized clinics for stable patients.
- Work with the state MOH for qualitative HIV Testing, Care and Support Service delivery in line with the program and national guidelines.
- Provision of technical assistance and capacity building to facilities.
- Assess quality of community support activities relating to HIV services in and around treatment facilities and assist treatment facilities and communities in developing their ART support programs.
- Identify training needs, plan and facilitate on-site training sessions on HTS, Linkage, Adherence, Retention, Care & Support services.
- Distribute appropriate job aides and education materials for treatment support staff and volunteers.
- Provide an account of program-related achievements through site visit, monthly and quarterly reports to supervisor.
- Participate in other miscellaneous activities including representing CCFN, making presentations, professional development, relevant organizational research and abstract writing.
- Represent the organization in meetings and other forums related to the job.
- Carry out other additional duties as required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to Program Manager. The position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Care and Support Lead in the State.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other medical-related field is required, with at least 4 years post-NYSC clinical experience, at least 3 years clinical experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment at an Implementing Partners level, or
- A Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences with at least 4 years post-NYSC experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment at an Implementing Partners level.
- Experience as HTS, Adherence Counselor or PMTCT counselor supporting a USG implementing partner.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities and can work effectively under pressure.
- Will be required to have regular interaction with a broad base of stakeholders including facility staff and management, community, patients, donors and other implementing partners.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills with emphasis on use of MS Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter addressed to the “Human Resource Manager” and Resume in one single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- * We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 16th October, 2020.