Julius Berger Nigeria 2023 Scholarship Award: How to Apply Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (JBN) is a leading Nigerian company offering holistic services covering planning, design, engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of buildings, infrastructure and industrial projects. Julius Berger is a dedicated partner with a strong track record of reliable, high-quality results.
As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and in fulfillment of its commitment to promote empowerment and capacity building in Nigeria’s education and human capital development sector, the company awards scholarships to qualified engineering students in public universities across the country.
Be sure to read all the information on the different tabs before starting your application.
Applicants must: ·
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Be a female
- Be in a Federal or State Owned Universities based in Nigeria
- Be in Faculty of Engineering
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian Federal or State University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
The merit-based scholarship is open to full-time female undergraduates studying engineering in public universities within Nigeria.
1. Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
2. Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/JBN
3. Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
4. Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Academic results for 100 level
Applications must be submitted on or before December 5, 2022.
The examination date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates. Julius Berger Nigeria reserves the right for selection and shortlisting of candidates.
- Application for JBN scholarship is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the JBN Scholarship
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the JBN scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- JBN does NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test.
- Children and wards of Julius Berger Group employees are exempted from this scholarship scheme.
For enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, follow the steps below:
- 1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- 2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- 3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- 4. Click on
- to return to Scholarship site
- 5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- 6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- 7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- 8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
- 9. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- 10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
- 11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- 12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- 13. Return to
- , enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- 14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6
- , to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- 16. Return to
- and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship Organization
FAQ For JBN Scholarship Award
1. Are scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
2. Does charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. JBN does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.
3. Who is eligible for JBN Scholarship Award?
Female undergraduates studying engineering and in their 200 level in a nigerian university
4. Can I apply if I am going to a vocational school?
5. Do I have to be a Nigerian Citizen to benefit from the scholarship scheme?
Yes, you must be a Nigerian citizen. Permanent Residents are not eligible for the Scholarship Award.
6. Do I need to be accepted into a particular university in Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of a recognised university in Nigeria, as listed with the National Universities’ Commission (NUC).
7. Which university may I go to, to qualify for a scholarship?
You may attend any university in Nigeria – Federal or State recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
8. Can I apply if I attend a degree awarding institution that is not a University?
In order to qualify for the program, you must be a student of a UNIVERSITY that is recognised and approved by the National University Commission (NUC).
9. I am a resident in a foreign country. Can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply, only if you are a Nigerian that has gained admission into, and is attending a university in Nigeria.
10. I am neither a Nigerian citizen, nor do I reside in Nigeria. Can I still apply for the JBN Scholarship?
No, the scholarship is available only to Nigerian citizens, attending universities in Nigeria.
11. If a student is in a remedial year (that is year 0 of the university programme) can he / she benefit from the University Scholarship Scheme?
12. Must I be between a certain age group to qualify for the scholarship?
13. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is as stated in the advert for the specified academic session. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
14. How do I apply?
You must use the format advertised and provide all the required documentation. The application format and conditions are available on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/JBN
15. What do I need to submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested.
16 Can I fax or email the application or supporting documents to JBN?
No. Faxed or email applications and supporting documents will not be accepted.
17. In applying for the scholarship, can I include references?
No. References will not be considered or reviewed as part of your application.
18. While applying, can I include additional information on education, extracurricular activities, and employment?
Yes, as long as it includes and is restricted to the requested information.
19. Can I apply through an agent or a JBN representative in my university or community?
No. For avoidance of doubt, JBN has not authorised any person or organisation to act on its behalf with regards to the JBN Scholarship programme. Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. We process these applications and the outcome is communicated directly to the candidates. Applicants are advised to protect their application details carefully; ensure they log out from their account before shutting down the computer system; and delete their personal details from public computers)
FAQ For Online Proctored Test
1. How do I know that my computer meets the requirements for the Test?
Kindly go to https://network-test.talview.com/ and check your computer suitability before the test.
2. Is there an alternative provision for calculator?
If the assessment you are taking requires a calculator, one will be automatically provided on the test page.
3. Questions are not displaying?
Once you have completed all pretest checks, go through the test instructions and then click on the “Next” button at the bottom right to proceed to answer questions.
4. Can only view “Attempt all questions”, “Next” button not showing?
The “Next” button would be at the bottom right of the test screen.
5. Invalid username and password?
Please type in exactly what was sent to you.
5. Invalid username and password?
Please type in exactly what was sent to you.
6. Must the laptop have a webcam and why do I need a webcam for the test?
A webcam is a compulsory requirement as this would be used to record and monitor your test.
7. Can I upload a scanned ID card?
Yes, you can upload a scanned ID card before starting the test.
8. Can I make use of an iPad in place of laptop for the test?
No, only computers can be used for the test.
9. Getting response that I am not currently scheduled for an assessment?
This could be because you are trying to login outside of your schedule testing duration or you have already completed the test.
10. The page keeps loading
All settings take a couple of minutes to load. Slow loading is as a result of internet connection. Please check your connection and try again.
11. Webcam unable to capture ID card and face properly?
Ensure you are in a room with proper lighting. Also, ensure you are properly positioned in front of the webcam. During the test, ensure you limit unnecessary face movement.
12. Audio detect page is hanging
Please check that the computer you are using does not have any hardware issues.
13. Unable to submit and logged out
Please check your internet connection. Ensure all uploads get to 100% and the “Test Completed Successfully” is displayed before closing the page.