Mariabake Media – We are tasked with delivering authentic and accurate information as we hold the utmost belief that our audience has the right to be adequately informed. Our mission is to uncover the truth no matter the circumstance.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Copy Editor
Locations: Kaduna, Kwara, Lagos
- We are seeking a motivated and savvy Copy Editor to oversee our content editing needs in a fast-paced work environment.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Communicate and work with production team to ensure that content is published in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Associated Press or Chicago Style.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content.
- Ensure that content adheres to in-house style guide.
- Write blurbs, ledes, headlines, and straplines
- Compile and update style guides as required.
- Collaborate with team to come up with fresh and creative ideas, keeping audience in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Stay abreast of latest media trends and content best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- Experiencing in publishing and/or editing preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office.
Job Title: Broadcast Journalist
Locations: Lagos, Osun
- Identifying necessary resources and deploying/managing technical crews for location shoots, including sound operators and camera crew;
- Generating ideas for stories and features and following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
- Developing and maintaining local contacts and assuming a public relations role;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
- Pitching ideas to editors and commissioners;
- Deciding on the running order for bulletins and making any necessary changes during broadcast;
- Researching and collating evidence and information to support a story using relevant information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and reports;
- Selecting appropriate locations, pictures and sound and exercising editorial judgement on the best angle to approach a story from;
- Using portable digital video (DV) cameras and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
- Preparing and presenting material ‘on air’ for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Providing directorial input, advising crews on what to film or record;
- Identifying potential interviewees, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews;
- Preparing timings for each news item and monitoring these during broadcast.
- Excellent news-gathering and reporting skills
- A clear and professional broadcasting voice
- A persuasive manner and the ability to draw information from people
- A feel for what makes a story and how best to present it to particular audiences
- Excellent writing skills
- The ability to think creatively and see all potential angles of a story
- Quick reactions
- To be effective under the pressure of deadlines
- To be objective, fair and balanced in the treatment of stories
- Technical knowledge and skills in using a range of audio and/or visual equipment
- A knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulation as they affect journalists
- A smart appearance.
- OND qualification
Job Title: Field Reporter
Locations: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Oyo
- We are on the lookout for a passionate field reporter to join our newsroom department.
- Assess leads and pitch captivating story ideas to editors.
- Ensure that you meet all regular and recurring deadlines.
- Review and edit work for editorial approval.
- Use all your findings to prepare clean, concise and factual articles.
- Adhere to the ethical code of the profession.
- Keep records off all notes, interviews, and audio files.
- Create trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources for use in future research.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest news developments by attending events, studying different papers, opinion pieces, and social media.
- Collect, verify and decipher data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience as a journalist or reporter.
- Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accurately fact-check information.
- Excellent observation and judgment skills.
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 15th January, 2021