Link To Apply For 2023 Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme (RYSA) For Nigerians Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the 2023 Rural Youth Skills Acquisition (RYSA) Scheme. The RYSA Rural Youth Skills Acquisition Program is organized by the Center for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development with the support of the Federal Government with funding partners UNCDF, UNIDO and the EU.
The program is designed to bring skills acquisition programs to the rural youth population with the aim of creating income earning opportunities, curbing youth restlessness, countering rural-urban migration and developing the local economy. The target youth demographic is Nigerian youth who are indigenous from a rural community and also need business creation and basic business skills.
The RYSA programme has two training components as follows:
- The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carved out by Master Trainers designated across different communities Nationwide.
- The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS Is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for twelve weeks in the course of the practical/hands-on training programmes. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success In life and business.
Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline:
- Introduction to Business
- Customer Relations
- Book Keeping
- Community Service and Volunteerism
- Business Networking
- Business Modelling
List of Skill-Sets/Enterprises/Ventures :
- Aluminum Profiling
- Catering and Confectioneries
- Electrical Installations and Repairs
- Fashion and Designs
- Hair Dressing
- POP, Screed Making and Painting
- Welding and Fabrication
- Woodwork and Furniture
- Solar Works
- Auto Mechanic
- Interested candidates must enroll and pass the proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
- Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training before the Start-up Packs presentation.
- Candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before been awarded Certificate and given support.
- Successful Beneficiaries must subject themselves to the mentoring process of the Centre for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development.
Benefits to RYSA Trainees:
- Monthly Stipend
Beneficiaries of the program will receive the minimum monthly stipend of N50,000 in the course of their 6(six) months training with RYSA
The Startup-packs for RYSA Nigeria program are;
- Work Tools: The Work Tools are equipments that will be given to beneficiaries at the end of the training, which will be used to start up their own enterprise.
- Seed Grants: The Seed Grant supports their ventures as new employers of manpower.
Eligibility Requirement for RYSA Nigeria
The criteria that must be met by applicants for selection are;
- Must be between eighteen (18) to thirty-five (35) years of age.
- Must hail from a rural community accross the 36 states in Nigeria.
- Must have First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) or higher.
- Must have basic knowledge on any of the listed enterprises/ventures , and have shown interests in RYSA program.
- Be willing to learn new skills in the choosen area, which will help grow his/her personal venture after the training course.
How to apply for RYSA Nigeria
Step 1-Complete the online application
Interested candidates should Complete and submit the online application form , which will require confirming their registration with a valid email address then setting up your contact information This will also involve uploading the electronic versions of the following documents:
Do not upload documents that are larger than 500kbs, it will not be processed.
1. Passport Photograph: must be with white background and must be in jpg or png format only.
2. Local Government Certificate of Origin: must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
3. Birth Certificate or Sworn Affidavit of Age Declaration: must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
4. Means of Identification: This should be either of the following; NIN , Voters ID , Drivers License , International Passports. These also must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
Step 2-Select a Skill-set/Enterprises/Ventures:
Candidates are required to select one preferred Skill-Sets/ Enterprises below for training and empowerment with RYSA.
|1||Catering & Confectioneries||6 Months|
|3||Hair Dressing||6 Months|
|5||Interlocking/ Tiling||6 Months|
|7||POP and Screed-making||6 Months|
|8||Electrical Installations and Repairs||6 Months|
|9||Aluminium Profiling||6 Months|
|11||Fashion Designing||6 Months|
|12||Solar Works||6 Months|
|13||Auto Mechanic||6 Months|
Step 3-Motivation/Personal statement
Interested Candidates are to complete the online Motivation/Personal statement form ,this should focus on your motivations and reasons for applying for RYSA training and empowerment programme , how the knowledge you will gain if selected, be of benefit to you and your rural community.
Step 3-Proficiency Skill Test Enrollment & Guarantors
Candidates should Click Enroll for Proficiency Skill Test button to enroll for the proficiency test (charges may apply).
Please note that All Candidates must get enrolled for proficiency skill test as it is mandatory.The test will be conducted online based on the selected skill-sets in the next stage of the selection process. and should fill and submit the guarantors form to complete the application process.
For any Proficiency Skill Test related issues contact email@example.com
Step 4-Application Summary
Applicants for RYSA should take the time to review their applications before clicking on the SUBMIT button. Ensure that all informations are entered correctly and there are no typographical errors. This might just be the difference between an automatic rejection and been shortlisted for the next stage of selection process .
If there are errors in your application after thorough review, please click on the Restart application button to begin your application from Step 1.
Please note that , you will be required to take the Proficiency Skill Test enrollment again (Charges may apply) ,if you have restarted your application only this time with the correct informations you have updated.
After Review and every informations checks out correctly , then you can proceed to submit your application. No corrections can be made after submission.
Apply now via https://rysa.ng/apply
Click Here for more Details