Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Collector
Locations: Lagos (56), Rivers (45), Kebbi (42), Niger (50) and Taraba (32)
Country Office: Nigeria Country Office
Contract Duration: 15 working days (Between October 2021 – January 2022)
No of Consultants: 124
- The World Bank funded Nigeria for Women Project has awarded Jhpiego Coorporation, a contract to map precise information on the services available for survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) in Niger, Kebbi and Taraba States.
- This state-wide mapping exercise will be carried out in 21 LGAs in Kebbi, 25 LGAs in Niger and 16 LGAs in Taraba States respectively. The Nigeria For Women Project works to improve the living conditions of Nigerian women by promoting diversified growth and job creation with its cardinal areas focused on reforming the power sector, enhancing agricultural productivity, and increasing access to finance. Hence, having a detailed mapping of services available to survivors of gender-based violence is critical to a robust response to GBV and the project plans to take all necessary measures to address GBV should it arise in the course of project implementation.
- Hence, the goal of this assignment is to carry out a GBV services provider mapping of formal (medical care, safe accommodation, psychosocial counseling, police protection and/or legal advice) and informal resources and/or services (community-based organizations (CBO), e.g. existing women’s groups; trusted individuals, such as people who have been champions to speak out about positive male norms, and the unacceptability of GBV. In order to effectively undertake the above tasks, we seek to hire qualified and experienced professionals to work as data collectors in a short-term consultancy basis.
- The Data Collectors are expected to participate in a 4-day pre-data collection training workshop, and will be responsible for completing the following tasks under the guidance and supervision of the State Coordinator, entire Jhpiego implementation and NFWP teams.
- Participate in Training and debrief meetings.
- Provide updates to Jhpiego implementation team throughout the period of performance through an online platform.
Data Collection Preparation:
- Ensure required tools, consent forms are complete
- Identify communities within the LGAs and plan visits.
- Management of Tablets that will be utilized to record interviews and assessments.
- Travel to LGA of assignment and visit all communities within the LGA.
- Pay advocacy visits to Community gate keepers to solicit their support and necessary information
- Scope and identify institutions across key sectors (governmental, non-governmental, faith-based, community based organisations, civil society organisations etc.) in the area that provide services relevant for survivors of GBV
- Use the survey questionnaire tool to assess current GBV prevention and response activities within the LGA of assignment through Key Informant Interviews (KII) and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs),
- Map existing GBV services in and around communities. Part of the services to be mapped include;
- Health Services Social support services
- Emergency Shelter
- Legal counsel/support
- Long-term psychosocial support (individual counseling, support group, etc.)
- Law enforcement services: e.g. Police Services
- Child protection services
- Economic empowerment/ Livelihood services
- Determine the geographic area to be included in the referral network, based on accessibility to where most of the women live.
- Upload all responses from survey tools to the Jhpiego server as appropriate.
- Store all audio recordings securely on an external hard drive
- Deliver audio recordings to Jhpiego Study Team in a secure manner.
Quality Assurance of Data Cleaning:
- Coordinate with implementation team to ensure consistency and quality of interview transcripts in English.
- Respond to any follow-up requests from Jhpiego study Team related to data collection or data cleaning.
- Completed Qualitative interviews (KIIs) and FGDs.
- Completed documented mapping of GBV services across sectors.
- Completed Quantitative interviews received on Jhpiego server
- Completed Transcripts of all interviews.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Federal and State Government Recruitment
Oil and Gas Jobs
Banking and Finance Jobs
International NGOs Recruitment
Federal and State University Jobs
Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
Customer Service Jobs
- Minimum of B.Sc in Social Sciences / Development Studies / Gender Studies or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in qualitative/quantitative data collection, specifically conducting in-depth interviews and experience in probing for clearer answers.
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Excellent report writing skills in English.
- Familiarity with gender and gender-based violence programming is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Must be resident and have good working knowledge of the State and LGAs of interest.
- Experience using electronic data collection software’s
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, patience and problem-solving abilities, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Please note that all short-term consultants must sign a Code of Conduct that identifies the behavior that we require from all Experts in order to be hired for this assignment. This assignment will be carried out in an environment where unsafe, offensive, abusive or violent behavior will not be tolerated and where all persons should feel comfortable raising issues or concerns without fear of retaliation.
Required Code of Conduct
- Carry out his/her duties competently and diligently;
- Comply with this Code of Conduct and all applicable laws, regulations and other requirements;
- Treat other people with respect, and not discriminate against specific groups such as women, people with disabilities, migrant workers or children;
- Not engage in any form of sexual activity with individuals under the age of 18, except in case of pre-existing marriage;
- Complete training/sensitization that may be provided related to the social aspects of the Contract, including; on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), and Sexual Harassment (SH);
- Report violations of this Code of Conduct; and
- Not retaliate against any person who reports violations of this Code of Conduct, whether to us or the Client.
- Not engage in Sexual Harassment, which means unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature with other Experts, or Client’s Personnel;
- Not engage in Sexual Exploitation, which means any actual or attempted abuse of position of vulnerability, differential power or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another;
- Not engage in Sexual Abuse, which means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter as one single Word document to: [email protected] using “Data Collector Kebbi, Niger OR Taraba” as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at: www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline Tuesday, 19th October, 2021
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊