Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead – IN & VAS Planning & Operations
Employment Type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
- This role holder will act as the lead representative for business, technical and functional requirements in the area of IN & VAS solutions and operations.
- The function will define the optimal topology and proposed technology roadmap of the IN/Charging and VAS network to meet a premium service level and architecture;
- To evaluate network design and define integrated planning/implementation criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the Core IN network; Also would evaluate delivery of IN projects to designed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to deliver any new functional requirements placed upon the Mobile/Evolved Core Network.
- The function will also be responsible for the day to day operational management of the IN and VAS node, including management of the IN and VAS Managed Services vendors. Ensure all the agreed KPI’s are met.
- Service Layer (billing) architecture for IN & VAS Planning and Architecture designed to ensure Uninterrupted Charging and delivery of Value added Services.
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and compiles with the contractual vendor requirements.
- On concept of solutions proffered and prior to implementation, documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs should be prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all IN/Charging Systems and VAS Nodes – in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Provide consultation services to relevant business units including Liaison with Marketing and IT for advice on new tariffs, products and services.
- Develop close working relationships with IT, Core Network and Billing Architects, Product Development team and also with Vendor to ensure IN solutions meet the business’s technical and business objectives.
- Ensuring that the MS/MC partners deliver the projects to the high quality expected first time right.
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations.
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the IN network infrastructure.
- Prevention of outages on the network by ensuring proactive monitoring
- Carry out monthly and weekly governance meeting with the MS partners
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s of Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering Degree
- 10 – 12 years working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the MPC or EPC domains.
- Vendor experience – HUAWEI and ERICSSON platforms and IN architectures – Including Service level configuration for data services.
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Good understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standard with regards to OCS will be required.
- Relevant experience with OSS platforms.
- Good technical understanding and experience of the commercial deployment of EPC/LTE (including IMS) which could include design, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 3G networks moving towards 4G.
Skills & Competencies:
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️