FBNQuest is the unified brand name for the Merchant Banking and Asset Management businesses of FBN Holdings Plc, one of the strongest and most dependable financial service groups in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Advisory Officer
Department: Financial Advisory
- The candidate shall be responsible for supporting the Team Lead in executing mergers and acquisitions and restructuring transactions.
- The candidate is expected to possess core financial analysis and financial modelling skills as well as a keen understanding of transaction structuring.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collate and analyze relevant financial and non-financial information from clients and various sources to support a potential or ongoing transaction.
- Identify and determine feasibility of possible mergers and acquisitions, privatisation projects and contribute to negotiations.
- Prepare and/or analyze business plans and articulate clients’ business objectives for the purpose of presenting in the context of buy-side or sell-side discussions with counter-parties
- Prepare advanced financial models in the context of M&As, leveraged buy-outs, restructurings, recapitalisations and independent valuation opinions.
- Conduct detailed financial and commercial due diligence to support M&As, restructurings and recapitalisation transactions
- Conduct detailed and complex valuation exercises to support M&As, restructurings and recapitalisations
- Manage individual work streams within the context of large multi-faceted transaction
- Prepare confidential information memorandums, management / investor presentations, technical bids, post-acquisition plans and other presentations as applicable
- Manage/coordinate virtual and physical data room due diligence exercises in conjunction with other members of the team and working closely with external advisers
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect various industries and consistently monitor local and international economies
- Build and maintain client base, keeping current client plans up to date and engaging new clients on ongoing basis
- Prepare, analyze and explain financial information of a given company and related companies within the respective industry
- Conduct relevant industry research and update database accordingly
- Participate in the management and development of the department by carrying out marketing and proposal efforts
- Manage and supervise financial advisory analysts in the execution of the above responsibilities
- Minimum of a First Degree (Second Class Upper)
- Master’s Degree and / or Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA) will be an added advantage.
- 3 to 5 years of core investment banking and financial advisory experience in a leading investment bank
- Experience with an international investment bank will be an added advantage
- Experience in Oil & Gas and/or Power sector will be an advantage
Key Competency Requirements:
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Advanced business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong research and learning skills
- Good knowledge of financial reporting, taxation and applied Corporate Finance techniques
- Good appreciation of major industry and regulatory trends and challenges
- Entrepreneurial skills, creativity and people management skills
- Strong analytical abilities, self-confidence, persistence, initiative and persuasiveness
- Quality of work: financial models, management presentations and information memorandums among others
- Timeliness in meeting client requests/turnaround time.
Job Title: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CRS) & Strategic Projects Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Communications & Knowledge Engagement
- To lead the delivery of Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability for FBNQuest, drive the strategic advocacy agenda of the group, and projects of the CKE department as may be assigned
- To be responsible for creating and implementing an approach to CR&S that complements the business strategy in the areas of corporate responsibility and employee volunteering in line with regulatory expectations.
- To be responsible for projecting FBNQuest as an involved, responsible and forward-thinking corporate citizen as a member of the FBN Holdings group
- To monitor and evaluate competitor activity and drive the implementation of coordinated response.
- To own and drive assigned duties with a focus on improving top of mind awareness, perception and consideration.
- To strongly support the growth of brand strength performance scores for the FBNQuest cluster of companies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate, develop and manage the delivery of FBNQuest’s Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability strategy in accordance with the HoldCo’s overall plan and the CBN’s requirements under the NSBP.
- Manage special projects for the CKE department in collaboration with internal or external stakeholders
- Initiate and drive the delivery of internal and external strategic advocacy initiatives
- Ensure best-in-class project management practices are applied to deliver all programs and projects within strategy, budget and timelines.
- Design high impact and high visibility projects that align initiatives to the overall business strategy, contribute to business objectives, and drive articulated value for each business within the group.
- Ensure the fulfilment of all reporting requirements to all relevant stakeholders including FBN Holdings, FBNQuest, CBN, and others as may be identified by the business.
- Manage the development and execution of communication plans for all activities, internally (FBNH Group) and externally
- Contribute towards continuous improvement through the implementation of global best practice by keeping the strategy and programmes under review, conducting research into other companies, non-profits and competitors to keep the firm updated on trends.
- Facilitate partnerships, guide and direct partners/consultants in achieving FBNQuest’s social investment objectives.
- Liaise, enhance and maintain relationships with stakeholders internally and externally, as well as responsible interest groups to ensure clarity and alignment and support.
- Lead organizational learning and other management activities across corporate responsibility & sustainability programmes, and adapt as appropriate to stay aligned with business objectives.
- Manage the group CR&S and Strategic Advocacy budget to ensure adherence and maximize returns.
- Support the HOD in development and implementation of annual subsidiary marketing and communications plans
- Support the annual departmental planning/budgeting cycle and ensure departmental resources are aligned with organizational priorities and plans.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Marketing, Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 – 8 years’ experience in communications or consulting, with at least 3-4 years in CR&S
- Strong experience working on NSBP implementation in the Nigerian banking sector (mandatory)
- Demonstrable project management experience or training (2-3 years)
- Experience in financial services an advantage
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Excellent presentation skills.
Key Competency Requirements
- CR&S principles and practices
- CBN’s Nigerian Sustainability Banking Principles
- Project Management methodologies and techniques
- Dashboard management and reporting
- Financial Products and Services
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research
- Advanced writing skills
- Industry Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, and Excel
- Budget planning management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th May, 2021.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview