Jubilation As N-Power Set To Commence Payment Of Outstanding Allowances Of 2016, 2018 Volunteers
The federal government, through the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, has commenced the payment of outstanding allowances of Batches A and B of the 2016 and 2018 N-Power volunteers nationwide.
According to a statement signed and made available to source in Abuja Friday by the Permanent Secretary, Bashir Nura Alkali, N150,000.00 each will be paid to 9,066 volunteers, representing 5 months allowances, while the allowances of 4,955 volunteers will be withheld, pending the conclusion of further investigation.
The statement reads: “Following the payment system challenges faced by the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, which has been overcome, the Ministry has commenced the final payment of the arrears on the few outstanding allowances of Batches A and B N Power volunteers.
“The accounts of these 14,021 volunteers were flagged in March 2020 by the Federal Government payment system, the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS), for various reasons including but not limited to beneficiaries having multiple accounts, and beneficiaries account receiving other payments such as salaries and allowances from multiple Federal Government Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) on permanent employment or for participating in other schemes. These acts violate the regulations guiding the N-Power volunteer programme and could amount to gross misconduct and corruption.
“The Ministry carried out detailed investigation in collaboration with relevant government MDAs and so far the accounts of 9,066 volunteers were cleared for final payment. Based on this reality, the 5 months allowance arrears of these volunteers, totalling N150,000.00 each, is currently being paid. The allowances of the remaining 4,955 is withheld pending the conclusion of further investigation. Where clear violations of the agreements are established, such violators will be subjected to appropriate sanctions as stipulated by the law.
“Contrary to some insinuations in the public domain, this process is a clear demonstration of the Ministry’s resolve to address this unfortunate incidence in a transparent manner for accountability and to forestall its future occurrence. As it has consistently maintained, the investigation carried out by the Ministry is in the best interest of the country and has the major goal of institutionalizing the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) and ensuring its efficient management in line with Mr President’s resolve to ensure transparency and accountability in its implementation at all times.
“The Ministry regrets the delays experienced in concluding this process, but assures the public that transparency and accountability cannot be compromised in all its activities.”
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️