Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economist
Job Type: Full-time
Unit / Department: Planning & Economics / Commercial
Reports To: Senior Economist
Summarize briefly the major function and purpose of the position:
- The Economist is to liaises with: Asset Managers, Business Development Managers, Finance Managers, Investor Relations Professionals, Geologists, Geophysicists, Technical Leads, External Consultants to provide efficient, fit for purpose and commercially robust analysis for decision support and statutory reporting.
- The Economist will also contribute to ensure efficient distribution of limited financial resources to the various assets within the organization and evaluate the economic viability of potential acquisitions and/or divestments.
- The individual will develop, analyze, and execute sound economic models that will drive strategic decision making and allocation of current resources.
- The Economist is expected to make economically driven recommendations through the use of economic models, cash flows and other methodologies.
- This process will then enable OE R to evaluate proposals in terms of the organization’s priorities and financial resources.
- Through the year, the Economist will periodically monitor the asset portfolio by generating and reviewing reports to determine if project s remain economic vis a vis changes in forecasts, assumptions and current realities.
- If value erosion occurs between FID and actual performance, the supervisor will be expected to write a report explaining the value erosion and recommending revised procedures to avoid or alleviate deficits.
Major Responsibility Area:
- Identify the major duties and tasks accomplished by this position.
- Research and provision of practical best practice in various asset class evaluation and risk evaluation
- Monitoring and modeling of fiscal and financing environment variables relating to specific projects and assets
- Conducts, market research, competitive analysis, asset benchmarking and specific topical research and analysis as required.
- Complies with approved decision making and monitoring systems, processes, procedures & policies’ and ensures effective controls are adhered to in handling job duties Responsibility for oversight and development of the Economist(s)
- Supports the origination, closing and on-going management of transactions.
- Develops the models for commercial evaluation and Decision analysis
- Proactively review and challenge operating effectiveness and costs and critique assumptions to ensure they are realistic
- Works with the Asset Managers and other technical and commercial functions , to provide economic models for the assets and projects in OER’s portfolio
- Monitor commerciality of existing projects in the investment portfolio.
- Evaluate potential assets to ascertain viability for acquisition/divestment and merger targets.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality, comprehensiveness, timeliness and accuracy of data provided for analysis.
- Quality and depth of evaluation and analysis
- Accuracy and timeliness of output for Decision making and to meet statutory reporting timelines
- Creativity and innovativeness.
- Initiative and enthusiasm, constant self-improvement
- Adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
- Undergraduate Degree in Petroleum disciplines or Business / Economics or other relevant fields from a reputable university.
- Postgraduate degree in economics or petroleum or energy related disciplines are a plus but not necessarily required.
- 3 – 5 years’ post NYSC experience in an operator environment (e.g. Planning, Business Development) or a strongly numerical and analytical role in Finance or Asset Management; alternatively 4 – 6 years in a non-operating company in similar roles
- Talented, creative and with strong Business commercial value acumen.
- Competent application of petroleum economics, risk and decision science and Nigerian fiscal terms.
- Advanced competencies in using Excel, Word and PowerPoint software programs.
- Ability to structure and develop complex models and transactions, and interrogate role specific software.
- Provide competent analysis of third party commercial evaluations and any business analysis engagement of the commercial evaluation process and deliverables
- Outstanding financial modeling skills: numerical & analytical skills, and presentation skills.
- Strong research & Prospecting Skills. Able to dig up data and information quickly
- Interpersonally strong with superior presentation skills and the ability to influence all levels within the organization
- Basic knowledge of IPO’s, capital raising and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Creativity and innovation.
- Expert understanding of Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics.
- Networking & Relationship Management.
- Able to access the bigger picture, but comfortable working within a detail driven environment
- Business performance monitoring and reporting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention