The Wildlife Conservation Society is an international NGO headquartered at Bronx Zoo in New York City working to save wildlife and wild lands and to meet global challenges in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, the Americas and the world’s oceans. The Africa Program is the largest of WCS’s field programs, with approximately 1,100 staff in 12 country programs focused across four major regions (Central Africa, Sudano-Sahel, East and Southern Africa, and Madagascar and Western Indian Ocean).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Country Director
Start Date: 1st July, 2022
Duration: Five years
- The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity.
- With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
- Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
- The Human Resources Manager will lead and manage the Human Resources function, provide overall advice, coordination and management as well as providing technical support to the field offices.
- He/she will ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing Nigeria policies and procedures.
- The HR Manager will be part of the Country program Senior Management team.
- He/she will work closely with the Africa HR Director and the Central Africa & Gulf of Guinea regional team.
- Lead and manage the Human Resources function (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Provide technical support, advice and capacity building of managers on people management skills
- Advise and assist managers in Human Resources related issues and concerns to Recruitment, development and people planning, performance management, employee relations and others
- Ensure proper onboarding process of new staff
- Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations
- Assist managers to identify, recommend and approve Learning & Development initiatives for their employees through the WCS-U Learning platform and others
- Drive any Continental and Regional HR initiatives within the country
- Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with recruitment process and policies and best practice
- Work with senior management team in the program and senior staff on staff retention strategies and initiatives
Performance, Well-being, Compensation & Benefits:
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency on performance management and ensuring that documentation is well kept
- Lead people well-being initiatives at the country level
- Define and review salary structure in partnership with the Senior Management team, the Africa HR Director and the relevant regional staff
- Lead the performance management process including conducting trainings
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements
Human Resources Policies and Support:
- Maintain and update Staff Human Resources Handbooks as necessary
- Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery.
- Accountable for making sound decisions based on Nigeria program policies, standards, and the advice of technical experts in the program
- Work closely with Africa HR Director and the Regional Office to share information and provide support as required
- Ensure an up-to-date database of staff contracts and filing of staff documentation
- Manage orientation process and arrivals checklist for new staff and ensure support for all new staff and their integration into the organization
- Manage appropriately staff exit procedures
- Ensure proper management of staff absences including leave
- Ensure that staff benefits are duly explained to employees and serve as liaison between employees and respective insurance company.
- Support Regional Office on any HR related activity within the country.
- Any other task as may be required by the Line Manager.
- At least 5 years experience in Human resource management with 2 years People management in a similar role within an INGO
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with diverse people.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Knowledge of Nigeria labour laws and legal issues.
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Country HR Certification.
- Relevant University Degree preferably in Human Resources Management or Management
- Professional training in Human Resources Management.
- Ability to develop clear goals and identify priority activities and assignments
- Demonstrated experience in executing human resources processes.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Application / Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Nigeria HR Manager” as the subject of the email.
- Please include the names and contact information of three references.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
Application Deadline 24th June, 2022.
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention