Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Manager, GS
Job ID: 2200020741
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- Lead the origination and client relationship management for a portfolio of Global Subsidiaries clients.
- Focus on a range of Corporate banking products and services, with emphasis on those delivering NFR
- Active engagement and high level (‘c’ suite) contacts with senior executives within clients
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Credit, Legal and Compliance and other key stakeholders
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process:
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
- Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Financial Markets, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
- Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from ‘transactional’ reactive client coverage to consistent value added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients’ needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered within region and internationally.
- Bring strategic thought to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed.
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries in which our clients operate.
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc.
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- The client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formulation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the GS team
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with GS/CCIB standards ie Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
People and Talent:
- Support the Head, Global Subsidiaries in providing leadership to the team and deputise in his/her absence.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified.
- Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Corporate teams
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator CBN prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in GS-Nigeria,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Engage with product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening.
- Engage with Client Managers on relevant client account management activities
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- Designated point of contact with IC clients, acting as a trusted advisor/value added partner to clients
- Peers in the Corporate Banking sector
- Post-Graduates / or Professional (e.g. CFA) qualification preferred, but not mandatory
- Sound knowledge of accounting and financial principles gained by experience or qualification
- Pass CCC / FICC credit certification (or approved equivalent) within 6 months of start date or upon availability (if not available in this timeframe)
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of  years’ relevant experience gained either in banking, treasury or accounting environment
- Knowledge of emerging markets capital products and service as well as experience in assessment of credit risk in large segments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English), with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environment
- Able to hold credible dialogue at all levels of the organisation, as well as with clients
- Well organized, able to multi-task and balance competing demands
- Strong analytical ability, focused on the assessment and calibration of credit risk
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Management and Leadership – Ability to prioritise, delegate, develop and motivate people.
- Analytical strength – to spot emerging risks, in particular forward looking industry trends.
- Gravitas – to engage with Relationship Managers and Clients alike, have the ability to challenge in a constructive manner.
- Collaborative – to work in partnership with stakeholders to ‘get things done’, fulfilling the Job Purpose.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th August, 2022; 11:59:00 PM
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention