Ongoing Employment Opportunity for Senior Accountant at Mavin Records
Mavin Records is Africa’s leading Entertainment Company. Mavin Records is a Nigerian music corporation record label founded by record producer and recording artist Don Jazzy on 8 May 2012. The label’s inception came to fruition following the closure of Mo’ Hits Records, a record label owned by the aforementioned producer and D’banj.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- We are looking for an impeccable Senior Accountant to work closely with and report to our Director of Finance.
- You will be tasked with maintaining fidelity, transparency and accountability of financial transactions.
- Maintain records on Quickbook
- Maintain VAT and WHT schedules
- Monthly filing of VAT, WHT and NSITF
- Assist in budgets preparation
- Prepare monthly management accounts with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations
- Liaise with external auditors on year end financial and tax audits
- Review existing financial policies, create new processes and procedures where necessary to ensure best practices
- File and obtain relevant compliance certificates such as Pension, ITF and NSITF compliance certificates
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Raise invoices and follow up with clients for payment
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Must be a chartered accountant- ACA or ACCA.
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Impressive analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail and is able to perform without supervision.
- At least 4 years experience working as a finance associate.
- Good knowledge of Accounting, Taxation and IFRS
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Proficient in QuickBooks
How We Work:
- We love working async and this means you get to do your schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action/asking instead of waiting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply